Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,808
  • Days Won:  30

23 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Outlaw, please read your **** post and explain this to me?  He recruited and signed that class in his first full signing period.  I don’t think you know what inheritance means and if that is the case I can’t argue with you, this has a lot of similarities to debating @smazza C’mon bro, when I see you this week I may simply start throwing hands, you are younger and probably much bigger and stronger but you have left me no choice, words are simply not effective in getting a point across 😀

Willy failed as a HC period.His record at usf is losing, he didn't win a bowl game at Usf, and he failed his way out of coaching at  FSU and FAU. He got extremely lucky on the recruiting trail and was forced to change his failed offense to the GCO. Weist made him look like he was a decent coach . He went right back to his failed offense at Oregon, FSU, and FAU. He is 71-80 with a losing record and no bowl wins in his career. That is not a succesful coach.  What is next praising Holtz for beating ND and Clemson while he failed at USF? Zero bowl wins and a losting record at every stop by Oregon. Even Oregon he did not do good at because the guy he replaced did better and the guy after him did better. Can you list me any major accomplishments of Willly besides his recruiting classes? Any major upsets against blue blood programs? Any conference championships? Any bowl wins?

image.png.e26f230eb01b1f80e1f8abcab078298f.png

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,245
  • Days Won:  68

14 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Willy failed as a HC period.His record at usf is losing, he didn't win a bowl game at Usf, and he failed his way out of coaching at  FSU and FAU. He got extremely lucky on the recruiting trail and was forced to change his failed offense to the GCO. Weist made him look like he was a decent coach . He went right back to his failed offense at Oregon, FSU, and FAU. He is 71-80 with a losing record and no bowl wins in his career. That is not a succesful coach.  What is next praising Holtz for beating ND and Clemson while he failed at USF? Zero bowl wins and a losting record at every stop by Oregon.

image.png.e26f230eb01b1f80e1f8abcab078298f.png

Last time, read my original post, I said he was not a good coach, he rebuilt the roster and for that I am grateful, you take the straw man to levels I have never seen?  You are no longer Outlaw, I am renaming you Outstraw. 

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Last time, read my original post, I said he was not a good coach, he rebuilt the roster and for that I am grateful, you take the straw man to levels I have never seen?  You are no longer Outlaw, I am renaming you Outstraw. 

Nah I just don't put Willy on some pedestal like some of the posters here. He got extremely lucky in recruiting and failed his way out of coaching. Going against the social norms (such as praising Willy and  Jeff Scott after his first year like he was going to never do anything)even as dumb as there is an Outlaw.  You are measured in sports by your on field accomplishments. It is the same thing as people praising Judy when she neglected  USF athletics for a decade to get AAU status.  I come to watch good football and no one in my life will ever care if my degree is from an AAU school. It doens't add any value to getting USf to a power conference. I hold no hard feeling to you or you joke man. I still would drink a beer and have a shot with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Now I got to go take my ice bath to get my body ready to win a back to back beer league championship.

Edited by Outlaw

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Nah I just don't put Willy on some pedestal like some of the posters here. He got extremely lucky in recruiting and failed his way out of coaching. Going against the social norms (such as praising Willy and  Jeff Scott after his first year like he was going to never do anything)even as dumb as there is an Outlaw.  You are measured in sports by your on field accomplishments. It is the same thing as people praising Judy when she neglected  USF athletics for a decade to get AAU status.  I come to watch good football and no one in my life will ever care if my degree is from an AAU school. It doens't add any value to getting USf to a power conference. I hold no hard feeling to you or you joke man. I still would drink a beer and have a shot with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Now I got to go take my ice bath to get my body ready to win a back to back beer league championship.

We agree on everything in your post, don’t remember ever putting CWT or CJS on a pedestal? I always thought Scott was a stupid hick.  The first couple years under CWT with that stupid power I was painful.  Let’s say CWT never existed, can you imagine this program going from Skippy to weak to howdy doody.  I probably wouldn’t be here nor would many others. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,669
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

beer league championship.

I'm intrigued 

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I'm intrigued 

It is tiddlywinks championship in Polk county, btw I am showing my age but some may remember this. 

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

I'm intrigued 

Beer League Hockey in the A/B League.  If you compare the talent levels to other rinks like Brandon it is more a B league.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

We agree on everything in your post, don’t remember ever putting CWT or CJS on a pedestal? I always thought Scott was a stupid hick.  The first couple years under CWT with that stupid power I was painful.  Let’s say CWT never existed, can you imagine this program going from Skippy to weak to howdy doody.  I probably wouldn’t be here nor would many others. 

It probably would not be much different then everything since Leavitt was fired. Hard to do worse. You could hire just about anyone and get better results than Jeff Scott. You could have hired a young and hungry coach or an experienced fcs/d1/hs coach and gotten better results than Willy or Holtz proven by Weist running the GCO and Golesh. I wasn't referring to you but people on here that have praised Willy and Scott until the end when they woke up from their mass formation psychosis. Posters used every excuse in the book to justify his failure at historic levels.  It was easy to see after year 2  game one that this team was going to go no where under Scott. Then year 3 game one proved it yet again. All we can do is hope Golesh can pull off some upsets and punch our ticket out of hell also known as the AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,652
  • Days Won:  51

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

AAU status as a President of a university is a bigger accomplishment than being a crappy team in the B12.   Football fans look at it differently and I get it but if you had to pick one….   I wish she did both 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

AAU status as a President of a university is a bigger accomplishment than being a crappy team in the B12.   Football fans look at it differently and I get it but if you had to pick one….   I wish she did both 

It is good for usf the school but zero for athletics . I don't think it is a bad thing, but Judy neglected athletics and made bad decisions going all in aau status. Thankfully  we are investing in athletics again and found a coach that is willing to put in the work to win. 

No power conference  is going to invite usf in because of AAU status. If that was the case Rice's would be vandys rival in the sec.

Edited by Outlaw