Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

12 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Until the SEC goes to a nine game schedule and the other P4 teams won't schedule us.  Unless we get a scheduling alliance like ND this seems unsustainable.  

And hard to pay off 320 million when you're only getting $1 million per game for 11 games.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Coach Go could handle an Independent schedule with 11 games on the road against the likes of Notre Dame, Alabama, USC, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, and some other P5s.  

image.gif.b2ae29fa4528430318614121fdbb94a8.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Those "other factors" are the deal breaker right now .....

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Such as gemshaft neglecting athletics for a decade, not starting a ocs when we were in the Big East, and firing Jim without having any quality coaches ready to take over that are proven winners in power football.

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

image.gif.8cdb7524f98ae694c447de4d98b4a889.gif

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Which part is not true? Holtz never won squat in power5 football and neither did Willy.

It's got nothing to do with what you said being "true" or not. It's just your response wasn't relevant to my post ....

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, Cat941 said:

But the majority of the schedule being exciting one offs away at power 5 schools would elevate our brand and probably help recruiting as you could sell kids on playing at all of these great places. 

ORIGINAL POST FROM: @DontPushMe

1. "Exciting"...lot of flexibility in how that word is defined

2. "Sell kids on playing at all of these great places"

So, fellas here's the deal. You're gonna get your arse handed to you week in and week out on the road, but there's the possibility you might beat Umass at home. What's not to love?! Just think about getting pounded on national television in Michigan, Ohio State, Texas and Bama! We're elevating our brand by striving - week in and week out - to be the Washington Generals of college football! So whaddya say, Poindexter, wanna sign early?":05-nono:

Edited by WoolyBully
OP attributed
  • ???? 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,247
  • Days Won:  68

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

USf was in the Big EAst which was a power conference when he came here which there were 6 power conferences at the time. I feel the power6 branding fits there unlike the fail AAC p6 branding. Now there is only four remaining power conferences wink wink, but really there is only two. Doesn't change he couldn't win at usf or any power conferences. Nice guy but was  a good g5 coach. Willy is had one great recruiting class and failed as a coach every stop but here. HE road the Mack,Flowers, and MVS class to some big pay days loaded with a lot more losses then wins.

I am not sure why I am taking this on again, tired argument.  Was Willie a good coach, not really, was he carried by one recruiting class that carried him to success, yes. Was he in the G5 and left when the iron was warming for greener pastures, yes.  Did he completely rebuild the team from a dumpster fire left by Skippy and leave us in a much better position then he came, **** yeah, and that is the reason I will always like and respect him. That recruiting class that he rode to success was his, he recruited and signed all this studs, why can’t you get this through your thick skull?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not sure why I am taking this on again, tired argument.  Was Willie a good coach, not really, was he carried by one recruiting class that carried him to success, yes. Was he in the G5 and left when the iron was warming for greener pastures, yes.  Did he completely rebuild the team from a dumpster fire left by Skippy and leave us in a much better position then he came, **** yeah, and that is the reason I will always like and respect him. That recruiting class that he rode to success was his, he recruited and signed all this studs, why can’t you get this through your thick skull?

It is crazy to think that CAG was basically using CJS recruiting classes to get USF to a bowl game for 1st time in 5 seasons. Sure the competition is probably easier than it was back then but **** it has been impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,808
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He still didn't win a single bowl game or having a winning record at USF. He had all the pieces and wasn't good enough to get it done. He left USF in a better place in which he inherited it with his recruiting class, but is not a good coach.

WWW.ESPN.COM

UCLA's Chip Kelly advocated for football to break away from other collegiate sports and form a 64-team Power 5 conference and 64-team Group of 5 league.

I actually Like Chip's idea, but the bottom 8 of the power conference and top 8 of the non power conference should rotate every season.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,372
  • Days Won:  490

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

and leave us in a much better position then he came, **** yeah, and that is the reason I will always like and respect him. 

This really is a simpleton’s method of measure, especially when you consider where we’ve been the last 15 years.  Shutting it down might’ve been an improvement. Just kidding literalists.  Maybe.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,808
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

It is crazy to think that CAG was basically using CJS recruiting classes to get USF to a bowl game for 1st time in 5 seasons. Sure the competition is probably easier than it was back then but **** it has been impressive. 

Shows you how bad of a coach clemmmsumm south was.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,247
  • Days Won:  68

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

He left USF in a better place in which he inherited it with his recruiting class, but is not a good coach.

Outlaw, please read your **** post and explain this to me?  He recruited and signed that class in his first full signing period.  I don’t think you know what inheritance means and if that is the case I can’t argue with you, this has a lot of similarities to debating @smazza C’mon bro, when I see you this week I may simply start throwing hands, you are younger and probably much bigger and stronger but you have left me no choice, words are simply not effective in getting a point across 😀