Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Well that's not exciting.

We've gone over this before. YOU are not eligible for exciting. You will stand in line, silently, eyes forward, and wait until you are instructed to join RRC (Residual Replacement Conference) until further notice. You will annually express unbridled exuberance over your big in-state rivalry games against FAU and your big conference rivalry games against the 49ers (Charlotte, not to be confused with San Francisco) until instructed otherwise. I think that covers everything; let's put that 'exciting' scenario on the shelf, mmmkay?! 

- D.S. 'Dream Stomper' Robinson:FIREdevil:

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

11 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

So what's the thinking...that the creme de la ACC & Big XII merge and the flotsam from said merger is where U of SF would land? Is that about right?  

Great, back in a conference with UCF again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

10 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Great, back in a conference with UCF again.

PinkBraveCobra-size_restricted.gif.1c6de3bfdb32e4fab34ebd6647af4b6d.gif

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

To be clear, the crème de la ACC (being - at minimum Heels & Noles) depart the ACC for greener pastures (regardless of terminus) leaving the remainder of the conference to be a watered-down rendition of the ACC; which, in turn, would be attractive to the Big XII. Assuming the 'second tier' ACC teams are absorbed into the Big XII, whatever carcass remains of the ACC is where U of SF would land. 

The problem with that thinking is two fold

1. Would the left over ACC schools leave the exit fees from those leaving for SEC/BT, a similar contract and access to CFP to join a B12?

2. Would a B12 adding the ACC schools get a better tv deal than they currently have and more CFP access.

Right now I don’t see either of those two benefitting enough to completely absorbed the other and some leaving to go to B12 doesn’t make sense for reasons stated above.

Time will tell, but I think the ACC addition of Cal, Stanford and SMU was to make sure it wouldn’t just fall apart if they lost schools to SEC and BigTen 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

addition of Cal, Stanford and SMU was to make sure it wouldn’t just fall apart

That's a reasonable insurance policy - for the good of the corporation. Then we have to take a look at the value of the corporation, post mass exodus.  Still get a seat at the new and improved and more exclusive table? Hmmm...🤨

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

We keep dissing on UCF which I get but I'd rather be in a conference with UCF over FAU and FIU any day if those 3 were the only options.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,498
  • Days Won:  0

I was talking with a friend who is a nole fan. They were saying that FSU is going to use the playoff snub to say that the ACC isnt competitively viable( or something of that nature) and that would be grounds to break the GOR.

Havent been following the rumors out there, but it sounded interesting. Would be quite the turn of events if that actually played out.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

We keep dissing on UCF which I get but I'd rather be in a conference with UCF over FAU and FIU any day if those 3 were the only options.

If it means in a PX over no PX, I agree ....... but it would still suck being united back with those assclowns.

4 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I was talking with a friend who is a nole fan. They were saying that FSU is going to use the playoff snub to say that the ACC isnt competitively viable( or something of that nature) and that would be grounds to break the GOR.

Havent been following the rumors out there, but it sounded interesting. Would be quite the turn of events if that actually played out.

The CFP committee chair should never have mentioned the sos when trying to explain their exclusion. The loss of their qb was all that was needed to knock them out of the top 4 best teams in the country at that point in time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

36 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

That's a reasonable insurance policy - for the good of the corporation. Then we have to take a look at the value of the corporation, post mass exodus.  Still get a seat at the new and improved and more exclusive table? Hmmm...🤨

True. But those additions keep their payouts until 2036. They aren’t going to lose access to CFP.

So at least until 2036 there is zero reasons for any ACC team to bail for Big12.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1