Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It definitely hurt being the worst fbs program over his 3 year tenure because we missed the last round of power5 expansion  when the b12 and b1g are adding more teams next year. If usf had value to those conferences with success on the field they may have taken a chance. Sadly we never will now because we hired him. All we have left is hope that Golesh starts winning conference titles and getting usf to ny6 bowl asap. 

Name a G5 team on this side of the country that was picked over us for a P5 expansion after his 3 year tenure here (assuming you're wise enough to not say SMU). I'm not trying to sugar coat CJS's tenure here, it was horrible, but we're not still in the AAC because of him at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

46 minutes ago, keith S said:

Perfect.

Soon we will have our small Dallas high school football stadium so 20,000 people can watch us play in the Metro football league.

the dude your opinion GIF

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,256
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, keith S said:

Perfect.

Soon we will have our small Dallas high school football stadium so 20,000 people can watch us play in the Metro football league.

The schools should be preparing them with the skills needed in their careers.  The reputation of the school and the education they receive help to that end.  AAU helps in that regard.

The program should be for the enjoyment of the students who attend the school.  It's part of their college experience. The OCS helps with that 

Beyond that, how the team plays and who they play only matter the fat middle aged men.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

... or hurt our case at all, which was my point. He'd been here one year when those invites went out. Find some different windmills to go after.

I think that's true. However, his 3 years in charge might affect how we are viewed regarding future expansion if more expansion were to take place in the near or immediate future.

Being 6-6 and going to a bowl game this year is great news for us on that front. Who knows what conferences will look for during the next expansion, but winning can only be helpful for our case

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

... or hurt our case at all, which was my point. He'd been here one year when those invites went out. Find some different windmills to go after.

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I think that's true. However, his 3 years in charge might affect how we are viewed regarding future expansion if more expansion were to take place in the near or immediate future.

Being 6-6 and going to a bowl game this year is great news for us on that front. Who knows what conferences will look for during the next expansion, but winning can only be helpful for our case

Your 2nd paragraph pretty much negates your first. The people who will be making the expansion decisions understand the cycling of college football, moreso than some of our fans, and can see what USF is capable of looking at our history. If those 3 years of CJS ever were a problem to potential suitors, and there's no evidence right now they were, CAG came in and just solidified that with the right coach, this program will be just fine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

6 hours ago, MMW said:

I would take AAU over the success UCF has had recently.

Most of us including you didn’t really even know what AAU was and now you guys would rather have this than multiple NY6 bowls and a P5 conference?  Absolutely outrageous mind boggling post, this helps some of us rationalize our years of shat performance, we all do what we can to cope I guess.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  612
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Most of us including you didn’t really even know what AAU was and now you guys would rather have this than multiple NY6 bowls and a P5 conference?  Absolutely outrageous mind boggling post, this helps some of us rationalize our years of shat performance, we all do what we can to cope I guess.

I’ve yet to see anyone personally identify an actual tangible benefit from it. Wikipedia says the biggest benefit is “prestige” lol. Outside of that it looks like AAU schools get more research grants. Seems extremely narrowly focused compared to the benefit to the school and all alums from having a top tier athletic program.

PS I’m still waiting for my Fortune 500 employer to send me my congratulations and pay raise…unbelievably rude of them.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I’ve yet to see anyone personally identify an actual tangible benefit from it. Wikipedia says the biggest benefit is “prestige” lol. Outside of that it looks like AAU schools get more research grants. Seems extremely narrowly focused compared to the benefit to the school and all alums from having a top tier athletic program.

PS I’m still waiting for my Fortune 500 employer to send me my congratulations and pay raise…unbelievably rude of them.

So what's the actual personal tangible benefit you would glean from USF going P5?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So what's the actual personal tangible benefit you would glean from USF going P5?

Numerous personal intangible benefits though no tangible benefits, either way, much rather have attended NY6 bowl wins and a better conference.  You would think most people on this board would agree, including you.  However these things did not need to be mutually exclusive.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  612
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Essentially enjoyment. A better Saturday experience and the ability to participate in water cooler talk again. 

In the event you are focused on word choice, I’m using tangible as defined in yellow. 

585B8AF4-131B-4891-9D36-2848EDB308C5.jpeg