Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

The east side looks OK.  Forgot about the left coast teams.  I will be surprised if Stanford doesn't leave for the BIG eventually.  Although, GOR is in effect.  

I do think Stanford wants to be on that level, but realistically I don’t think they’re at that level. Most Pac12 schools are seen as a joke for some reason

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

The new conference will be the Big ACC, pronounced big ass. Their combined production will be extremely mediocre 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,813
  • Days Won:  7

Right now as the conferences stand today according to the football standings for this season, there are 14 teams in the ACC, 14 teams in the Big 10, 14 teams in the Big 12, and 14 teams in the SEC. That’s a total of 56 teams. There is already some scheduled movements with the dissolution of the PAC 12, the addition of the California schools and SMU, etc. but you can certainly take those 56 schools +/- the scheduled movements and turn that into 2 conferences with East and West divisions. At 56, that would leave 14 in Conference 1 East and 14 in Conference 1 West as well as 14 in Conference 2 East and Conference 2 West. I can see that fluctuating a bit with the additions but there will also be some left behind from the conferences who will take on the names of maybe ACC and Pacific but won’t look the same as they are now. I’d imagine the end game would be 4 total divisions within the 2 conferences of roughly 15-16 teams each, resulting in the Power 2 Super League consisting of approximately 60-64 teams. 64 just so happens to be exactly half of the 128 total FBS teams. 64 Haves and 64 Have Nots. An upper and a lower tier of FBS college football, if you will. 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Right now as the conferences stand today according to the football standings for this season, there are 14 teams in the ACC, 14 teams in the Big 10, 14 teams in the Big 12, and 14 teams in the SEC. That’s a total of 56 teams. There is already some scheduled movements with the dissolution of the PAC 12, the addition of the California schools and SMU, etc. but you can certainly take those 56 schools +/- the scheduled movements and turn that into 2 conferences with East and West divisions. At 56, that would leave 14 in Conference 1 East and 14 in Conference 1 West as well as 14 in Conference 2 East and Conference 2 West. I can see that fluctuating a bit with the additions but there will also be some left behind from the conferences who will take on the names of maybe ACC and Pacific but won’t look the same as they are now. I’d imagine the end game would be 4 total divisions within the 2 conferences of roughly 15-16 teams each, resulting in the Power 2 Super League consisting of approximately 60-64 teams. 64 just so happens to be exactly half of the 128 total FBS teams. 64 Haves and 64 Have Nots. An upper and a lower tier of FBS college football, if you will. 

The time to win is now.  Be relevant.  We should feel the pressure to succeed.  Can't be apathetic and survive.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Unless some of those ACC “brands” go to the Big 12, it’s going to be a Power 2, isn’t it?

Why would anyone from the ACC go to the B12? 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

7 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Why would anyone from the ACC go to the B12? 

They won’t. Once USF beats Navy this weekend I will be back to posting some more crazy realignment scenarios. I been lurking and have notice more people thinking USF will be heading to ACC or big ten as crazy as that sounds 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

They won’t. Once USF beats Navy this weekend I will be back to posting some more crazy realignment scenarios. I been lurking and have notice more people thinking USF will be heading to ACC or big ten as crazy as that sounds 

We'd be happy to go to the B12 for the money, but long term I can't imagine our admin will be happy associating with those schools. We would be the highest ranked school in the entire conference, and we are ranked #89 (USN&WR), that's not a high bar. Long term we would definitely want to be more associated with ACC (or the pipe dream, B1G), due to research synergies and academic endeavors

FSU leaves the ACC = USF invite (almost assuredly)

FSU goes to SEC = leaves door open for USF to the B1G. USF fits the B1G's institutional model (large enrollment, public AAU research universities) much better than Miami. (USF would need to achieve quite a bit over the next 5 years for this option to be available). 

Ideal for USF: FSU leaves and goes to the SEC. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Well we are going to need some bridge schools. I think university of Phoenix, one of those San Diego schools, something in New Mexico, and maybe memphis will help to round out the conference. Travel will be awful. The confer will look kind of funny. Something along the lines of:

East:
bc
wake forest

Louisville

Syracuse 

USF

Virginia

Miami

NC State

West:

Stanford

Cal

SMU 

Memphis

so cal school 1

so cal school 2

arizona or NM school

maybe another Texas school?

feel free to move things around or fill in blanks. It would be a crazy conference 

UNLV instead of Arizona school. The diluted ACC is going to poach Arizona or ASU? I don’t think so.

Boise St should be on this list for the west. Fresno St, Nevada? At that point you still have Stanford, Cal, SMU, Memphis to compete for the West. UNLV brings in basketball.

The East has USF to beat up on, and we get paid more. Win win win

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We'd be happy to go to the B12 for the money, but long term I can't imagine our admin will be happy associating with those schools. We would be the highest ranked school in the entire conference, and we are ranked #89 (USN&WR), that's not a high bar. Long term we would definitely want to be more associated with ACC (or the pipe dream, B1G), due to research synergies and academic endeavors

FSU leaves the ACC = USF invite (almost assuredly)

FSU goes to SEC = leaves door open for USF to the B1G. USF fits the B1G's institutional model (large enrollment, public AAU research universities) much better than Miami. (USF would need to achieve quite a bit over the next 5 years for this option to be available). 

Ideal for USF: FSU leaves and goes to the SEC. 

If we got into the B1G I would re-enroll for a second Bachelor’s.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,762
  • Days Won:  53

44 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

more people thinking USF will be heading to ACC or big ten as crazy as that sounds 

I was thinking they would leave us on the trash heap since we are obviously a threat when we get in.