Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

ACC=Big East?

Hopefully lessons were learned and not a replay of Big East FB.  sign language asl GIF by Sign with Robert

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,813
  • Days Won:  7

20 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

That rings true.  A move up, although welcome, really doesn't change much regarding our journey as we will be seeking continued improvement (and domination to use your word).  Need to win while we're in the AAC and if/when given the opportunity, win at the next stop.  It's likely that our move to a better conference will be in response to losses of brands in said conference.  

18 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

ACC=Big East?

And don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there will be a few remaining “household names” in ACC Lite when compared to some of these teams we are playing now in Conference USA 2.0, but they’re not going to be Grade A. It’ll be a blend of the new invites (USF, et al.) and some of the weaker “eh” teams of the present ACC who didn’t have enough bargaining chips to move themselves up to a better conference in the future Power 3. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,871
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Hopefully lessons were learned and not a replay of Big East FB.  sign language asl GIF by Sign with Robert

It only happened once. Let’s do it two or three times to make sure we really learn the lesson. Kind of like we have been “learning” to deal with coaching contract extensions.

7 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

And don’t get me wrong, I’m sure there will be a few remaining “household names” in ACC Lite when compared to some of these teams we are playing now in Conference USA 2.0, but they’re not going to be Grade A. It’ll be a blend of the new invites (USF, et al.) and some of the weaker “eh” teams of the present ACC who didn’t have enough bargaining chips to move themselves up to a better conference in the future Power 3. 

Well we are going to need some bridge schools. I think university of Phoenix, one of those San Diego schools, something in New Mexico, and maybe memphis will help to round out the conference. Travel will be awful. The confer will look kind of funny. Something along the lines of:

East:
bc
wake forest

Louisville

Syracuse 

USF

Virginia

Miami

NC State

West:

Stanford

Cal

SMU 

Memphis

so cal school 1

so cal school 2

arizona or NM school

maybe another Texas school?

feel free to move things around or fill in blanks. It would be a crazy conference 

• Me no likey 1

5 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

It only happened once. Let’s do it two or three times to make sure we really learn the lesson. Kind of like we have been “learning” to deal with coaching contract extensions.

Definition of insanity. 

insane the twilight zone GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

Definition of insanity. 

insane the twilight zone GIF

spacer.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Well we are going to need some bridge schools. I think university of Phoenix, one of those San Diego schools, something in New Mexico, and maybe memphis will help to round out the conference. Travel will be awful. The confer will look kind of funny. Something along the lines of:

East:
bc
wake forest

Louisville

Syracuse 

USF

Virginia

Miami

NC State

West:

Stanford

Cal

SMU 

Memphis

so cal school 1

so cal school 2

arizona or NM school

maybe another Texas school?

feel free to move things around or fill in blanks. It would be a crazy conference 

The east side looks OK.  Forgot about the left coast teams.  I will be surprised if Stanford doesn't leave for the BIG eventually.  Although, GOR is in effect.  

Edited by Cat941
spelling

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

22 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Unless some of those ACC “brands” go to the Big 12, it’s going to be a Power 2, isn’t it?

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless some of those ACC “brands” go to the Big 12, it’s going to be a Power 2, isn’t it?

Yes sir. BIG X and SEC. I think the ACC and Big 12 could fuse before adding from the lower ranks. 

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Yes sir. BIG X and SEC. I think the ACC and Big 12 could fuse before adding from the lower ranks. 

Season 5 No GIF by The Office