• Days Won:  28

Mean while on Fowler Ave…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Mean while on Fowler Ave…

Throws arms up in frustration.  Is there a path to the P4/5 for us?  Don't have $$$ to buy our way.  Even FSU can't buy their way out of the ACC.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

46 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

3400 😭

I think you mean

man city harlem shake GIF by Manchester City

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  53

6 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Throws arms up in frustration.  Is there a path to the P4/5 for us?  Don't have $$$ to buy our way.  Even FSU can't buy their way out of the ACC.  

I think we keep going forward with the current vision, build an on campus gameday lifestyle that makes it an all day party.

Also not everyone has to do this but I hold a grudge against these media companies and try not to give them a dollar.  🤘😀

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

I know this won't be a popular opinion in this thread, but the solution to our predicament is to play good football. It's that simple.

This will draw new fans and increase donations. The rest will take care of itself.

We may or may not end up in a better conference (although I really do think we will, and sooner rather than later). But putting too much emotional energy into something we cannot (immediately) control does us no good.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

16 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Is there a path to the P4/5 for us?  Don't have $$$ to buy our way.  Even FSU can't buy their way out of the ACC.  

If we get the approval for OCS bond financing can we just turn it all over to a new conference and play only away games for a few years?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,093
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I know this won't be a popular opinion in this thread, but the solution to our predicament is to play good football. It's that simple.

This will draw new fans and increase donations. The rest will take care of itself.

We may or may not end up in a better conference (although I really do think we will, and sooner rather than later). But putting too much emotional energy into something we cannot (immediately) control does us no good.  

let it go GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

57 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

A Mountain West-turned-Pac-12 may or may not maintain Power 5 status, however. Committees in the NCAA and College Football Playoff could strip its voting rights and revenue distribution privileges.

This part is dead wrong.

First, the current CFP agreement, that expires in three years, requires unanimous vote to change the CFP.  The next agreement is a blank slate for all conferences.

Second, the "autonomy" is in the NCAA bylaws. While a committee can recommend that changes, it has to go through the same formal amendment process as any other bylaw change.

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

24 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

If we get the approval for OCS bond financing can we just turn it all over to a new conference and play only away games for a few years?

Just a note -- it's not a bond.  It's a loan.

The differences are:

1. Bonds require issuance by the Florida State Board of Administration.  They cannot be easily refinanced.
  2. Loans are just a form of contract, which only requires Board of Governors approval.  They can easily be refinanced.
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

This part is dead wrong.

First, the current CFP agreement, that expires in three years, requires unanimous vote to change the CFP.  The next agreement is a blank slate for all conferences.

Second, the "autonomy" is in the NCAA bylaws. While a committee can recommend that changes, it has to go through the same formal amendment process as any other bylaw change.

So that means we keep the 6+6 format for at least the next three years? If that's the case, not sure there's that big of an advantage to the MWC to a reverse merger in terms of CFP access (I understand that there would be other advantages/revenues). The AAC will still be the sixth-best conference, unless something crazy happens and we're overtaken by CUSA or the Sun Belt, which seems very unlikely to me. Am I reading that right?