• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,086
  • Days Won:  5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

Tulane, Tulsa and TX teams I suppose.  Don't know if they will come far enough East for us.  

Means it will probably be ACC/big12/BigTen or bust!!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Cat941 said:

Tulane, Tulsa and TX teams I suppose.  Don't know if they will come far enough East for us.  

I don’t even want to think about losing those teams. Not sure I can handle being left behind again. 

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

FSU and Clemson are going to the SEC or Big 10. They are not going to the big 12 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

FSU and Clemson are going to the SEC or Big 10. They are not going to the big 12 

🤣  I concur.  

Then we have this one!   😃

We heard this one earlier.  Will it work this time?  

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Then we have this one!   😃

If FSU and UNC are leaving you can guarantee Clemson is going with them. No way the SEC doesn’t take all 3 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

If you and USF need a win that bad go for it. The ocs doesn't create a winning football team or move usf out of the AAC. Winning is the only way to get out of the AAC.

I don’t think anyone has said that the OCS would change our team into a winning one or get us in a power conference. What has been said is that it is PART of the equation. The OCS HELPS create a student/university atmosphere, bring back alumni to campus, share stories and traditions with children and grandchildren, integrate football with the student body as activities can be held there, help the university generate money from various areas (especially after the loan is paid off), players to feel connected with their “home” (practices and activities will be held there, it will be green and gold, and see it everyday on campus, etc) and many other things. I don’t know how difficult it is to understand that. We all know that winning fixes everything, but there are more things that make college football great outside of winning, it’s the atmosphere and character of each individual schools stadium, campus and traditions. Hypothetically, college game day on the campus of South Florida in front of the stadium is much more impactful that with no stadium (by the Sun Dome?) or at Ray Jay. Visiting fans can see how special our campus is and potential recruits can experience the South Florida vibe. You have to FEEL it, and playing in a red and pewter stadium with a pirate ship feels like we are a team with no home, you know, a “commuter” school. While I appreciate the whole, it was rocking in ‘07 or CJL said it was an advantage, I would argue that IF Ray Jay was on campus, it would have been better for recruiting and creating a fan base that fell in love with the school and not a team. Bringing a recruit on campus, showing them the practice facilities, dorms and then walking across the yard and into the stadium hits differently than taking a drive to a giant tampon of a stadium and saying, but this is where we play…… Don’t take this as shot at you, it’s more of a response to anyone who thinks we shouldn’t build an OCS because it won’t get us in a power conference. The OCS means so much more than that. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

I don’t think anyone has said that the OCS would change our team into a winning one or get us in a power conference. What has been said is that it is PART of the equation. The OCS HELPS create a student/university atmosphere, bring back alumni to campus, share stories and traditions with children and grandchildren, integrate football with the student body as activities can be held there, help the university generate money from various areas (especially after the loan is paid off), players to feel connected with their “home” (practices and activities will be held there, it will be green and gold, and see it everyday on campus, etc) and many other things. I don’t know how difficult it is to understand that. We all know that winning fixes everything, but there are more things that make college football great outside of winning, it’s the atmosphere and character of each individual schools stadium, campus and traditions. Hypothetically, college game day on the campus of South Florida in front of the stadium is much more impactful that with no stadium (by the Sun Dome?) or at Ray Jay. Visiting fans can see how special our campus is and potential recruits can experience the South Florida vibe. You have to FEEL it, and playing in a red and pewter stadium with a pirate ship feels like we are a team with no home, you know, a “commuter” school. While I appreciate the whole, it was rocking in ‘07 or CJL said it was an advantage, I would argue that IF Ray Jay was on campus, it would have been better for recruiting and creating a fan base that fell in love with the school and not a team. Bringing a recruit on campus, showing them the practice facilities, dorms and then walking across the yard and into the stadium hits differently than taking a drive to a giant tampon of a stadium and saying, but this is where we play…… Don’t take this as shot at you, it’s more of a response to anyone who thinks we shouldn’t build an OCS because it won’t get us in a power conference. The OCS means so much more than that. 

I think the problem with it is the whole none of that is true thing. Every year we drop down and every year less people want to go to our games and if we keep being passed by it wouldn’t matter if we offered to caravan and play in people’s back yards. The nation is littered with stadiums that cannot draw in students and alumni alike and other than it being empty I’ve never heard a single recruit discuss Ray Jay as a negative. Our issues are exclusively that we play in the minor leagues and no one anywhere cares about minor league things and that we suck. The OCS is a shiny distraction for people that have no solutions to an actual problem and there will never be a moment where the stadium is paid off because when you get marginally close it’s time for an improvement, even longer when you are regularly drawing in 12k paid attendance and will keep restructuring which the bank will only do because the stadium is worth zero dollars outside of our failed use of it. Set the money on fire at least that will be noteworthy.