Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Exactly right. WSU and OSU wtf cares. Not needle movers. I think ppl are just throwing them a bone bc they essentially got kicked out of the glorious almighty power status. I feel bad for them though bc at least when we got dropped the haves and have nots were not as clearly defined as they are now. We should welcome them to not purgatory but hell with open arms.

Yes. This right here. That's the end game. All about name brand. NCAATs and football post seasons will come due to the recruiting appeal. That's where foregoing the low media money from the AAC washes out in the end. Smart move.

Exactly, they just became part of the haves for the next 9 years, if not longer.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

the Mountain West is adding teams while we are losing teams. Oregon State is ranked 18th right now. OSU and WSU are still two former Power 5 teams with decent stadiums, fan support, and more history compared to the teams that the AAC added. We have now lost 4 of our best teams in the last year after having have lost U Conn. If I was the Mountain West now would be the time to pounce on the AAC and go after UTSA and Memphis ( hopefully we can get into that mix as well).  Aresco would probably follow that up with a congratulations note. 

Aresco's message to me made it clear that our future is not in the AAC

Thinking along these lines myself.   The PAC2 will have assets.  Can we even get consideration?  

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

the Mountain West is adding teams while we are losing teams. Oregon State is ranked 18th right now. OSU and WSU are still two former Power 5 teams with decent stadiums, fan support, and more history compared to the teams that the AAC added. We have now lost 4 of our best teams in the last year after having have lost U Conn. If I was the Mountain West now would be the time to pounce on the AAC and go after UTSA and Memphis ( hopefully we can get into that mix as well).  Aresco would probably follow that up with a congratulations note. 

Aresco's message to me made it clear that our future is not in the AAC

Did we not add teams recently? The additions included a RANKED UTSA. OSU and WSU are trash. Stop it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Did we not add teams recently? The additions included a RANKED UTSA. OSU and WSU are trash. Stop it. 

I missed where UTSA was playing a Pac12 schedule. They are trash....in the Pac.

It remains to be seen what they will be like outside of that conference.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Thinking along these lines myself.   The PAC2 will have assets.  Can we even get consideration?  

I think we would. Memphis, UTSA, ECU, USF, Tulane, Navy are all big programs with past success and an amazing upside. If the Mountain West does this it creates the fifth best conference instead of having to duke it out with other Group of 5 conferences every year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

What is this fascination with Appalachian State University? And Marshall University? Why not invite Coastal Carolina, or James Madison? Why say such a thing? 'Cause my nieces went there. That's it. That's where my interest in adding for sake of adding comes to an abrupt end. 🤣

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Heck yeah! Most of the adds went to a bowl game last season. UAB, UTSA, UNT are solid programs right now 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  124
  • Content Count:  6,801
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I missed where UTSA was playing a Pac12 schedule. They are trash....in the Pac.

It remains to be seen what they will be like outside of that conference.

WSU has lost to 3 FCS teams in the past 7 years. That's 2 more than us. One of those losses was while they were ranked. So explain to me how well they will do with half the money they use to make?

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

I think we would. Memphis, UTSA, ECU, USF, Tulane, Navy are all big programs with past success and an amazing upside. If the Mountain West does this it creates the fifth best conference instead of having to duke it out with other Group of 5 conferences every year.

Don't want to play it safe here.  Gotta be bold!  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Adding teams is easy; adding teams that benefit the conference we miserably failed at. I will grant you UAB and UTSA might have some potential, but the other teams we added were North Texas, Charlotte, FAU, and Rice. UTSA is not ranked at the moment ;OSU is. The AAC can't lose 5 teams in a few years, and then still be the best of the rest conference.

Edited by belgianbull