Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  418
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Days Won:  12

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

SMU didn't have to win anything first. 0 conference championships and a very similar record to USF over the past decade. SMU's leadership took the chance that I had been advocating for years. Take a reduced share and prove your worth to the conference. I hope everyone enjoys the on-campus stadium while playing the likes of UNT, Charlotte, and our new rival, FAU. 

I will enjoy playing those team in an OCS because wtf am i going to do about it anyways? Might as well enjoy what football I can get out of the Bulls. I'd rather watch the Bulls lose or win playing "lesser" teams then not be able to watch them at all. Additionally, I don't care how we start winning nor do i care what conference we are in when we start winning. But I do think that had we been winning the past 3 years and we had an OCS, we would be a lot closer to being in, if not in, a different conference. And SMU? That was a foothold grab if anything else. ACC has no Texas teams hence SMU was more desirable than USF. IMO, I think the B10 will be the conference that comes for us if any come for us at all simply for the Florida foothold access. 

All in all my two cents, which means about as much to college football as it does to you.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Independence with our own Bulls+ Network?

I've actually pondered that one.  I can't make it work.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

What we need more than ever, as a university, as an athletics department, and as a fan base; is tweets that wildly speculate, with no regard to logic, what the next realignment dominoes to fall. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

What we need more than ever, as a university, as an athletics department, and as a fan base; is tweets that wildly speculate, with no regard to logic, what the next realignment dominoes to fall. 

Yasssss

200.gif

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Yasssss

200.gif

Here me out, Add Army to replace SMU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,472
  • Days Won:  14

I havent chimed in for a while - this thread is the loteral definition of insanity lol- but I'll throw this out there. 

At least we are in a winnable, regional conference where we don't have Olympics athletes traveling literally halfway across the country to play a "home game" in front of no one while their facilities gather dust back home. Oh and then sign away your rights for a decade, right before the flagship programs leave. 

In other words - the ACC is complete cluster and I don't want what they're cooking. 

I'd like to see the AAC expand to get the programs we should have gotten all along, and maybe strike a partnership, merger, or deal with the MWC to boost our revenue.

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I havent chimed in for a while - this thread is the loteral definition of insanity lol- but I'll throw this out there. 

At least we are in a winnable, regional conference where we don't have Olympics athletes traveling literally halfway across the country to play a "home game" in front of no one while their facilities gather dust back home. Oh and then sign away your rights for a decade, right before the flagship programs leave. 

In other words - the ACC is complete cluster and I don't want what they're cooking. 

I'd like to see the AAC expand to get the programs we should have gotten all along, and maybe strike a partnership, merger, or deal with the MWC to boost our revenue.

Yea, there is going to be more chaos with the ACC. Imagine the joy of going the ACC only to later have it be completely gutted to G5 status 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  5

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  851
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Aresco failed the AAC. With SMU gone, and the Mountain west likely to add WSU and OSU its clear that this new AAC is on par with the MAC and Sun Belt, and way behind the Mountain West. An AAC team could go 11-1 and still not be in the new playoff system.

Tulane, UTSA, Memphis, USF, ECU, should be talking to each other about joining the Mountain West, or breaking away to form a new conference under new leadership.

AAC has been gutted pretty well and backfilled with ******* roadrunners, CLiTs, dragons, and more owls. **** me that's awful. 

It's getting tougher and tougher to drop thousands each year to watch the no name brands that we have on deck. What I would give to play Rutgers or Syracuse again in football took that for granted.

All I have to look forward to now is praying that some name brand school adds us to their non conference schedule just to curb stomp us with their expensive 5 star players we can't afford making $7mil per year.

Yes I am salty as ****. Kick off can't come soon enough.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Yea, there is going to be more chaos with the ACC. Imagine the joy of going the ACC only to later have it be completely gutted to G5 status 

The ACC even when gutted would still be a great option. Duke, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, SMU, Stanford, Cal, Boston College, Miami, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, aren't going anywhere.  Add to that USF, Memphis, Tulane, and ECU and you still have an awesome conference.