Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

9 years at $39 million is over a third of a billion ($351 million)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

16 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah!! USF will eventually be caught in a tug o war between the power conferences. Exciting times!!

And the funniest part is one of the pundits wrote that it is turning into no longer offering a big payday to add new teams, it's now down to what teams will take the least - like SMU.  And he wrote that last week.  I might be able to find it.  It'll be the new trend and may impact us when we get a chance in ten years.   Last ones in probably give up the most.

So the game has changed again.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Be patient.  This is far from over.  The ACC or BIG12 will both be courting us at some point AND/OR the PAC2 will join the AAC/MWC or whatever.  No matter how you slice it this is not done and we are too valuable a TV market and a high quality institution to be left behind forever.  It is very dynamic.

Yeah, that decade will go by fast. Then we can join a watered down ACC. I'm gonna go crack a warm beer to celebrate.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

The only reason SMU got in was so the ACC network would be added in Texas 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,293
  • Days Won:  490

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

9 years at $39 million is over a third of a billion ($351 million)

But $39 million is all they would receive by being in the ACC?

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I can't wait to see what crap tactic school we add to this conference next. As it stands, I'm not driving 7 hours to see any of the teams in our conference in person. I just paid the 70 bucks a month to be able to stream the games and I had to ask myself was it worth it the whole time... we are truly in the worst possible situation from a fan standpoint. If we somehow go undefeated in conference, do we brag to our uf and fsu colleagues about it? Does it matter much in the Florida/ national landscape. Do we get buzz on college GameDay? I honestly don't know. 

Regarding College GameDay on ESPN. We can pretty much stick a fork in ESPN/Disney. They are a dying brand. Even Spectrum is not falling for Disney’s BS now. You want to see an implosion take a look at the bozos who ran Disney into the ground. RIP ESPN College GameDay

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  612

9 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I can't wait to see what crap tactic school we add to this conference next. As it stands, I'm not driving 7 hours to see any of the teams in our conference in person. I just paid the 70 bucks a month to be able to stream the games and I had to ask myself was it worth it the whole time... we are truly in the worst possible situation from a fan standpoint. If we somehow go undefeated in conference, do we brag to our uf and fsu colleagues about it? Does it matter much in the Florida/ national landscape. Do we get buzz on college GameDay? I honestly don't know. 

::::Looks into crystal ball:::

Answers: no, no and no.

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  5

I just learned that SMU's stadium holds 32,000.  Well that's interesting.  And their student body population is not that big at less than 12,000 total.  I guess those factors aren't as important to building a brand.  When does Tulane get their ACC invite?  I'm just kidding, sorta. 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

But $39 million is all they would receive by being in the ACC?

The way I see it is they never would have got the ACC money, so throw out whatever the ACC pays to full members. They are losing the $63 million($7 mil x 9 yrs) from the AAC tv contract plus the $17 mil in exit fees, so $80 million for a guaranteed spot in the current ACC then whatever it looks like after team leave.  Also, who knows what the AAC will look like in 9 years...

As you mentioned, seems well worth that considering the boosts they will potentially get.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,759
  • Content Count:  17,674
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I just learned that SMU's stadium holds 32,000.  Well that's interesting.  And their student body population is not that big at less than 12,000 total.  I guess those factors aren't as important to building a brand.  When does Tulane get their ACC invite?  I'm just kidding, sorta. 

Tulane may get one before us. The ACC is going to have to expand west to make travel easier for SMU, Stanford, and Cal.