Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

If the PAC 4 went to the Big 12, it would make the most sense and it would be the best chance for us to get into the ACC. As others have said, the ACC maybe a dead conference walking, BUT it would be better than where we are currently. 

Big 12 taking Stanford and Cal would be a good move for the Big 12, but there would be zero reason for them taking WSU and OSU.

If I was the Big 12 I would take the California teams, and then see what happens to the ACC. I am sure the Big 12 would like to add teams like Louisville, Georgia Tech, and perhaps even Miami: teams that aren't on the radar of the SEC or Big 10.

I really don't know where we fit in in all this, but yes even a depleted ACC plus best AAC teams ( which includes us) would be better than where we are currently.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,068
  • Days Won:  20

So far my prognostication has been more accurate than any of the experts. 😉

image.thumb.png.ec412c101f35bfa9128c222135c27e37.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

7 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

So far my prognostication has been more accurate than any of the experts. 😉

image.thumb.png.ec412c101f35bfa9128c222135c27e37.png

LOL ....

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

Brett is pretty clear here:

So it will surely happen!

I don't know ..... one thing the dbag is, is usually plugged in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

So, the ACC doesn't want them and the B12 doesn't want them, or they would've already been there. They have lost all of their bargaining power and have become beggars trying everything they can to avoid any part of the AAC and MWC. God I love when greed bites the greedy in the butt.

Just to be fair, they're treating the AAC/MWC just like some here are treating the new AAC additions ......... and not knowing all the details, not going come down hard yet on the PAC 4 as greedy. Could be a case similar to ours where some in the PAC 12 sabotaged media rights but had a golden parachute.

• Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

McMurphy’s version also makes sense.

I live in WA and don’t have a clue how you get to WSU besides sitting in a car for hours. I’m guessing teams would fly into Spokane and take an hour and a half bus ride there from the airport. There aren’t a ton of direct flights, so it really is a long trip with a layover. It’s not very practical for any sport besides football, and the reward is landing a school with no significant national interest or any interest at all outside of eastern WA. Their fans are fervent, but there just isn’t a huge population near the school. I’m pretty biased, but there’s no reason to take them on as a member if USF, SMU, UCONN, or really any school in a heavily populated region are available. 

• Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just to be fair, they're treating the AAC/MWC just like some here are treating the new AAC additions ......... and not knowing all the details, not going come down hard yet on the PAC 4 as greedy. Could be a case similar to ours where some in the PAC 12 sabotaged media rights but had a golden parachute.

Its normal for teams that have been in a Power 5 conference to have trepidation about being in the Mountain West or AAC. Also I understand that when USF is mentioned in realignment Power 5 conversations that many look down on us due to the fact that our on field performance has been meager in the last 5 years. I think that's  probably deserved, and I understand as a  former student and fan of USF that my view of the program might be a bit warped; meaning regardless of all the losing I still believe that we are a great catch for any Power 5 conference

I am one of the people that has been a bit harsh on the additions of Rice, Charlotte, and North Texas, but I never mean disrespect to their programs. I think they would be the first to understand that they have been outperformed by teams like Toledo, Appalachian State, and Marshall. So I do welcome these programs to the AAC, and hope that they can step it up; same way that we have to get our act together as well

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I understand as a  former student and fan of USF that my view of the program might be a bit warped; meaning regardless of all the losing I still believe that we are a great catch for any Power 5 conference

I think as fans we all have a bit of a "warped" view, with different levels of warpedness. I think ones who are also alumni have an added emotional tie that may sometimes deepen the green and gold shade of their glasses. I too still believe we'd be a great catch for a P5 based on our huge potential. I think we're in a vastly better all round position to take full advantage now to reach that potential than we were our first go round ....... hopefully we'll get a chance to prove it at some point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think as fans we all have a bit of a "warped" view, with different levels of warpedness. I think ones who are also alumni have an added emotional tie that may sometimes deepen the green and gold shade of their glasses. I too still believe we'd be a great catch for a P5 based on our huge potential. I think we're in a vastly better all round position to take full advantage now to reach that potential than we were our first go round ....... hopefully we'll get a chance to prove it at some point.

Yeah, I have green and gold goggles for sure. Over the last few days, I have come to accept that regardless of conference, our chances of winning a national championship is next to zero. To that point, I am now ok with being in whatever conference (thanks to many here that help me come to this point, haha). USF is a HIGH QUALITY and top notch university, high quality facilities (for our athletics level) and a top notch location. I hope we end up in a great conference, but if not, I hope we are very successful in whatever conference we are in. I will just enjoy USF competing and hopefully winning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

13 minutes ago, michibull said:

Yeah, I have green and gold goggles for sure. Over the last few days, I have come to accept that regardless of conference, our chances of winning a national championship is next to zero. To that point, I am now ok with being in whatever conference (thanks to many here that help me come to this point, haha). USF is a HIGH QUALITY and top notch university, high quality facilities (for our athletics level) and a top notch location. I hope we end up in a great conference, but if not, I hope we are very successful in whatever conference we are in. I will just enjoy USF competing and hopefully winning. 

Definitely. I only have been watching G5 ever since USF got left out of the P5: 

• Like 1