Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,815
  • Days Won:  30

5 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Can't trust this school as far as you could throw it to make the right decision regarding football.

They need to make at least two great hires in a row in order for USF to float to the top of G5 schools. That is basically a decade of good football....think about them actually accomplishing that.

Texas Tech football: Hiring Jim Leavitt would be hypocritical by Hocutt

Spot on. We have had one good hire with sustained success. We are further away from top 50 program since he was fired.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,262
  • Days Won:  0

And now smu is another school go blow past us. This thread will be a real gem when FAU and North Texas move ahead of us in consideration for bigger moves.

No shame in admitting something was a mistake and moving on. Shut down the football program. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

IF this happens, that will suck, but I would still rather be in a conference with OSU, WSU, Boise, AF, SDSU, CSU, Memphis, Tulane, Navy, ECU and Temple. Cut everyone else out. Worst case, we HAVE to be in a different conference away from FAU, I’m still WTF about THAT add!!

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,815
  • Days Won:  30

11 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

And now smu is another school go blow past us. This thread will be a real gem when FAU and North Texas move ahead of us in consideration for bigger moves.

No shame in admitting something was a mistake and moving on. Shut down the football program. 

Admitting the mistake would have been to bring back Leavitt after Strong.  Hopefully goach makes it easy to forget Scott and helps usf finally move on since Leavitt was fired.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, michibull said:

IF this happens, that will suck, but I would still rather be in a conference with OSU, WSU, Boise, AF, SDSU, CSU, Memphis, Tulane, Navy, ECU and Temple. Cut everyone else out. Worst case, we HAVE to be in a different conference away from FAU, I’m still WTF about THAT add!!

Can we also add Army to this list?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,096
  • Days Won:  2

24 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

And now smu is another school go blow past us. 

I guess it is how you look at it. USF actually went past SMU in 2005. SMU had been previously in the SWC and had an argument to be champs in 81 and 82 before briefly being forced to shut down. Shut down for things schools like Alabama and USC did on a regular basis yet received no scrutiny.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,970
  • Days Won:  436

26 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

And now smu is another school go blow past us.

The clueless, elitist attitude of some on here is mind numbing at times … and they’re out in full force this morning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The clueless, elitist attitude of some on here is mind numbing at times … and they’re out in full force this morning. 

For me personally, I don’t mean it as an elitist attitude as much as it is self preservation. We went from nothing to a budding rivalry with WVU, working on a rivalry with Miami or FSU, to being forced together with UCF, then being left behind to be joined by FAU. I’m greatly concerned that this will be our home for the next whatever time. I learned about USF when we got into CUSA, went to school during the first BE years and to watch this fall is painful. Maybe if I followed USF back in ‘97 I’d have a different perspective, but I didn’t and as a competitive person, this is really hard to accept. I am naturally an easy going, happy go lucky person, but even this is hard to stay positive about all the time, haha. Believe me, I don’t have an elitist attitude, I just want USF in the best conference possible and I realize how bad we’ve been; to the point that yes FAU is better currently. I just don’t want to repeat the past. I want USF to be in a conference with like minded universities (Stanford, Cal, Rice, Tulane, education first but very competitive teams). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I told you several weeks ago, USF was wanted by no one, wasn't going anywhere, and will remain in an AAC like conference.  I still believe that to be true.  I've accepted that.

However, I do have a question.  Why isn't USF trying to SMU their way into the ACC or another power conference?

SMU is offering to not receive TV revenue for 7 years.  Notice, that this is NOT offering to receive no revenue, only no TV revenue.  SMU will receive revenue from other ACC income such as NCAA tournament credits, bowl revenue, etc. that will probably be near what they currently make in the AAC.  For the sake of argument, let's say SMU still receives 10M a year in non TV revenue from the ACC.  

Why can't USF offer the ACC to take no TV revenue for 8 years, one upping SMU?  USF would then live of the "other" ACC income, basically taking somewhere in line what they are currently getting in the AAC (around 8-9M a year), in exchange for being in a power conference.

My idea is for USF to not take any TV revenue for 8 years, which would be around 30-35M, and have those funds diverted to other in state programs, FSU and Miami, to secure their votes.

Has any at USF even tried to come up with a similar plan and pitch an SMU type plan to ACC, or are they all just sitting around on their *****.

SMU is getting the job done.  USF has no plan to get out of the AAC, and that is why I have no faith that they ever will.  

I have one question. ACC is talking about a pay scale. What does SMU, value wise, bring to the ACC that would put them in a position to expect that kind of payout. You certainly cannot base your theory off of todays pay per school payment. SMU would have to walk in the door and bring a substantial amount of tv revenue with it.

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

For me personally, I don’t mean it as an elitist attitude as much as it is self preservation. We went from nothing to a budding rivalry with WVU, working on a rivalry with Miami or FSU, to being forced together with UCF, then being left behind to be joined by FAU. I’m greatly concerned that this will be our home for the next whatever time. I learned about USF when we got into CUSA, went to school during the first BE years and to watch this fall is painful. Maybe if I followed USF back in ‘97 I’d have a different perspective, but I didn’t and as a competitive person, this is really hard to accept. I am naturally an easy going, happy go lucky person, but even this is hard to stay positive about all the time, haha. Believe me, I don’t have an elitist attitude, I just want USF in the best conference possible and I realize how bad we’ve been; to the point that yes FAU is better currently. I just don’t want to repeat the past. I want USF to be in a conference with like minded universities (Stanford, Cal, Rice, Tulane, education first but very competitive teams). 

Growing pains are indeed painful.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,314
  • Days Won:  10

40 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agree with that, and this really seems like a no brainer. The only thing I disagree with is that I personally think FAU is a decent add for the AAC. But this merger has to happen and we need to be willing to get out of the AAC asap. If at any time it becomes clear that the AAC can't add Mountain West teams and Pac teams we  need to approach the Mountain West or Pac together with other AAC teams telling them that we are willing to  merge with them. 

Games against San Diego State, WSU, OSU, Boise State will be a 100 times more compelling and meaningful then games against Rice, North Texas, and Charlotte.  I really like to be a fly on the wall to know what's happening inside USF athletics administration, and I really would like to hear what Kelly is doing and what his thoughts are. I do understand there might some secrecy, but when its all over I would like to know that atleast we were aggressive; since right now there is a unique opportunity to better our situation