Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, michibull said:

The way I see it and I admit, I’m not a genius; BUT, the PAC teams can drop the dead weight for the AAC and MWC, take the best schools and create the 5th best conference, the auto CFP spot and leave room for the ACC adjustments in n 5-10 years. They don’t have to pack the conference now, more money to go around, nobody else is going to come. They could keep a 12 team conference, a new media contract, scheduling flexibility to have an additional G5 team scheduled every year and if they keep 4 or 5 teams in the top 25 and win a couple CFP games, they will have a great chance of keeping the auto spot when voting comes up again. It’s a fresh start and there are just enough “good” schools to have an interesting and competitive conference. 

Yes, a 100 percent agree with your post. USF, Memphis, Tulane should be willing to leave the AAC right now

New Pac conference for year 1 : USF, Memphis, Tulane, SMU ( if they don't join the ACC), WSU, OSU, Boise  State, Fresno State, , and San Diego State. That's 9 teams. Following year add Navy, Air force, and ECU, to go to 12 teams.

Kelly has to be willing to push for such a scenario. I know the AAC commissioner is probably in self preservation mode looking out for the interest of all conference members, and not particularly USF. 

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  177
  • Content Count:  8,734
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Ok time for some more Beaver…

image.png.2d27c8f15861f6570a942bf8a9c0b2ae.png

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

they won't want to split the pie that much. the NFL would have 54 teams if it made financial sense.

there is a reason why  major pro sports leagues have between 30-32 teams

The NFL has an anti-trust protection, so the NFL doesn't have to admit a millionaire who wants to field a professional team.  The NCAA (or any "break away group") will not have those protections.  Anti-trust lawsuits can be both expensive and unpredictable.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

40 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

image.png.2d27c8f15861f6570a942bf8a9c0b2ae.png

Lol thanks. I was waiting for someone to take my set and spike it lol.  They say laughter is the best medicine! 

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,190
  • Days Won:  5

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

The NFL has an anti-trust protection, so the NFL doesn't have to admit a millionaire who wants to field a professional team.  The NCAA (or any "break away group") will not have those protections.  Anti-trust lawsuits can be both expensive and unpredictable.

Even if it wasn’t as simple as we don’t pick the winners television does, we let in anyone that gets us additional dollars and have a record of doing so and if any conference gets to this percentage of these contracts they can be in too just like the schools we have brought in. There is still the simple problem that there is no group that would have a faster path to exemption than all of the major most popular flagship schools from from every major and most populous states that have the biggest donors, going against there little counterparts that no one cares about and do not have the fans and money to create enough noise to even slow them down a few minutes.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

15 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Great point. To me all these conferences lost a lot of what made them who they were.  Most people can’t even recognize a lot of these super conferences now. Rivalries are dead. All for tv money which will eventually run dry. College football better not screw up the new playoff format or they are doomed