Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the buyout doesn't come close to covering  the 4 pac schools and the 4 others.

why couldn't the aac do the same with their buyout money from houston, cincy, etc.?

The buyout was pre round 2 expansion.......it covered the 1/2 shares to the 4 new teams for 2 years without the remaining 8 taking less money for 2 years until the new contract kicks in.  The buyout plus 2 less teams kept the 8 remaining payout whole.  It it not clear if ESPN/Fox have agreed to any pro rata $$ for 2024.  It is being projected that with full pro rata starting in 2025 that the full B12 distribution to all 16 teams to be between $45-$50M/per team

Edited by JAFFX2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

I will tell you something else. During USF early days in Div 1AA they had great attendance. It was the people that brought into the program. They never really cared about being left out. They kept their hope and was happy to see USF have a football program. I will never give up on USF as I know many that put their heart & souls into making USF football a reality. If USF can get 50k fans that go to every game then we will be fine. Less negativity & more positivity is how programs grow. 

Furthermore, I appreciate you all for still being engaged to USF. Yeah I know i sometimes get on the negative Nancies but at least you all are still here paying attention to USF. So I thank you all. Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

But unlike the NFL I cannot convert to being a UF or FSU fan, whereas all of the state of Florida can adopt an NFL team.

so you don't think there are fans of UF or FSU that didn't go there?

Heck I bet there are plenty of USF students that are currently fans of those teams.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,325
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what happened to washington state and oregon state?

what happened to arizona, asu, utah, and colorado?

what happened to us when the BE dissolved?

we were all left out.

same can (and has) easily happen to dead weight of a conference if they reorganize.

The Big East football conference and Pac seized to exist, so in essence we weren't kicked out. Big 10, SEC, Big 12 are stable enough to remain with us for a very long time.

ACC as well if they add Stanford, Cal, and SMU is being proactive where they can remain relevant and a power 5 for a very long time, even if they lose teams. Pac should have been smarter and have added teams like SMU, Boise State, and San Diego State  a long time ago. If they would have done that the PAC would still be with us tomorrow

On the other  hand Arizona, ASU, Utah, and Colorado now  are in a more stable Power 5 conference, and are probably happy with what has happened over the last couple of months.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,768
  • Days Won:  53

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

so you don't think there are fans of UF or FSU that didn't go there?

Heck I bet there are plenty of USF students that are currently fans of those teams.

I cannot help those people haha

6 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

The buyout was pre round 2 expansion.......it covered the 1/2 shares to the 4 new teams for 2 years without the remaining 8 taking less money for 2 years until the new contract kicks in.  The buyout plus 2 less teams kept the 8 remaining payout whole.  It it not clear if ESPN/Fox have agreed to any pro rata $$ for 2024.  It is being projected that with full pro rata starting in 2025 that the full B12 distribution to all 16 teams to be between $45-$50M/per team

Brett McMurphy reported that the 4 pac schools will get a full $42m in 2024.

oh and the media had to agree to them getting a full share in 2025 and beyond as well or the total per school would have dropped considerably.

there is no reason why the same can't be done with the aac and the top of the mwc

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The Big East football conference and Pac seized to exist, so in essence we weren't kicked out. Big 10, SEC, Big 12 are stable enough to remain with us for a very long time.

ACC as well if they add Stanford, Cal, and SMU is being proactive where they can remain relevant and a power 5 for a very long time, even if they lose teams. Pac should have been smarter and have added teams like SMU, Boise State, and San Diego State  a long time ago. If they would have done that the PAC would still be with us tomorrow

On the other  hand Arizona, ASU, Utah, and Colorado now  are in a more stable Power 5 conference, and are probably happy with what has happened over the last couple of months.

Well technically we still have Big East but they no longer do football. PAC still has 4 schools so they still could expand.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

18 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

if there is enough talent to fill college football then it stands to reason that there is enough for the nfl

alabama, texas, etc will not want to split $$ with the 54th place program.

they will not just add big 16 members or leftover acc members just for the quantity.

Your reason is flawed. There are clearly not enough NFL caliber players to field 20 additional teams. Like any sport, there is a culling of the herd the higher up you go. The jump from high school to college and then from the college to the NFL results in a lot fewer quality players being available at each subsequent level. Hell, the NFL can't even get 30 guys that are good enough to play QB in their league as it is. There are maybe 20 to 24 NFL quality QBs in the league, the others are just filler. 

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

we were left out of the club. same thing they will do to the dead weight if they reorganize into say a North and South conference.

even if they kept those 4 it would still be 38ish teams. they aren't going to add a bunch of lesser big 16 or acc programs just for the sake of quantity.

I still stand by the fact that almost all of the ACC and big 16 will be left out.