Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,984
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

The thing I don’t like about that tweet is being called “the next UCF”.

Would prefer to be "the next Cincy" ..... beat ranked P5's when it counts and make the CFP.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,380
  • Days Won:  491

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

beat ranked P5's when it counts

When does it not count?

Which Cincy wins over ranked P5 programs counted?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Nothing wrong with that since they would be a good example to follow along with TCU, Cincy, Houston, and even Boise State.

While we have left them behind academically with AAU status, we want what they have accomplished from an athletic standpoint. Nothing wrong admitting that.

F that, F them, and F you for suggesting we look up to them.

But seriously, what we need is some success on the football and then when Goach moves on, to not hire a coach with the polar opposite gameday philosophy. Willie Taggart and Scott Frost both pulled a program up by its bootstraps. The difference is, we hired a half-assed lazy SOB who thought he was gonna ride Willie's coattails back into a P5 program, but brought a completely different philosophy on gamedays and ruined it all. When Frost left, those turds hired a young up and comer with a similar offense and similar mindset. And then did the same again when Heupel got poached by Tennessee. All of which kept the machine that Frost rebuilt running.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Would prefer to be "the next Cincy" ..... beat ranked P5's when it counts and make the CFP.

I will do you one better and lets be the next TCU, where we move on to a Power 5 conference and have success in that Power 5 conference, and make it to the national championship game. Lets just not lose by 50 points  (or how many points it was) when we do, and win that game.

• Topic Count:  342
  • Content Count:  3,714
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, aroth said:

What happened to Tuxedo Yoda? I always liked the idea of baseless rumors being spread as insider information coming from a puppet in formal attire. 

Not sure. I followed him until it became all political (U.S. politics).  The football politics was good. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,794
  • Days Won:  3

50 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Well you lasted 28 minutes, not a season.  Kidding, but you know it's like looking at an accident, can't wait a whole season.

Well, people keep replying to me and liking my posts! I have to give the people more!

35 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

So now we got big 12 speculation. 

EC06AA2D-8CCB-4990-9D16-240F64032973.png

Let’s say the PAC pulls us in and we go.

Next phase of realignment happens, and we are stuck in the PAC because of a GoR.

Then what? We slowly fade back to G5 status?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,326
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Well, people keep replying to me and liking my posts! I have to give the people more!

Let’s say the PAC pulls us in and we go.

Next phase of realignment happens, and we are stuck in the PAC because of a GoR.

Then what? We slowly fade back to G5 status?

I see your point but the idea of saying no to the Pac with the idea of waiting out on ACC or Big 12 ( which could never happen) I think would be a mistake. We have to go with the first good opportunity we get since nothing in the future will be guaranteed

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, KB said:

Not sure. I followed him until it became all political (U.S. politics).  The football politics was good. 

I think Tux Yoda’s head exploded after he failed to predict that his Texas Longhorns would end up in SEC

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Cincy is going probably end up sucking again since they lost their coach. I say USF should be the next UL and end up in the ACC which will probably end up the 3rd best conference when all is said & done.

• Upvote 1