Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  1

Its amazing that UCfreakingF is going to help us get to the promiseland. If this happens both fan bases need to celebrate hard together this offseason....then we can hate each other again lol

1 week truce

I've been thinking the same thing.  I live in Orlando and work with a lot of UCF people, but it will be a collective celebration if this happens.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

If justice prevails, it should be USF and Cincy to the Big 12, not USF and UCF. Cincy has done more against better opponents for a longer period of time.

But it's every man for himself time. I'm fine either way if this miracle were to ever actually happen.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't know how much more I can take....

Lets hope this one turns out good for a change.... :-/

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  1,174
  • Days Won:  3

This just in: My baby momma's cousin's daddy's friend's sister's aquaintence's brother who is close to an aquaintance of Bowlsby said that USF is the next Big 12 invite...Sounds like a reliable source to me!

My source is starting to look more and more solid!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly would feel guilty if Cincy got left out...then i remember sitting behind Cj Cobbs (Oline) family and having them taunt me after Zack C. came in and scored a 80 yard TD. Screw the AAC...we need to look out for ourselves! Go Bulls! Disclamer: CJ is from Jax and got us those Bearcat section tickets...thats why i was on a green/gold island!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

If justice prevails, it should be USF and Cincy to the Big 12, not USF and UCF. Cincy has done more against better opponents for a longer period of time.

If justice prevails, it's Cincy and UConn ... Let's hope justice doesn't prevail.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

If justice prevails, it's Cincy and UConn ... Let's hope justice doesn't prevail.

If USF and Cincinnati were to leave the league ... and I'm UConn..... I join the Big East in everything but football and put football in the MAC..... but there are a lot of "if's"

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

I see your point, but hard to believe the Big 12 would reach out to Connecticut instead of Florida. Had justice prevailed, UConn not UofL would have gone to ACC. Mais il n'y a pas de justice.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

Gotta think 2 more teams are added soon. 

No, I don't have to 'gotta think 2 more' at all, especially regarding that nebulous word "soon". The great thing about this thread is that it is rumor and conjecture, completely op/ed. As soon as the Big XII says that in light of the NCAA decision they have decided to add two schools (names required) on (date required) for play in (season required)...then I'll get excited. As it stands now, you wanted a playoff? You got one. 

I don't know if this has been bandied about, but it's a good piece from just over a week ago (just after the ACC GOR release), and coupled with the NCAA decision, I'm not holding my breath waiting on the '2 more teams'. 

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2013/4/22/4253268/big-12-expansion-acc-grant-of-rights-conference-realignment

"But don't count on Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby being disappointed about the developments. A major proponent of the argument that bigger isn't better, Bowlsby has been consistent in saying that the conference is content at 10 teams and willing to sit on the sidelines of realignment absent overwhelming evidence that the league would benefit from expansion, though skeptics wonder if that really means that there has to be overwhelming evidence that Texas and Oklahoma would benefit from expansion. If the Big 12 does decide that they want to expand, it will have to focus efforts on members of the American Athletic Conference, the former Big East that will end up housing many former members of Conference USA. With the departure of Louisville to the ACC, the number of appealing options for the Big 12 has never been lower.

Cincinnati is still on the table as a possibility, but otherwise the Big 12 would have to look into expanding into Florida or bringing back former members of the SWC like SMU or Houston.  Florida schools like Central Florida or South Florida would be appealing because they could help open up the fertile state of Florida to Big 12 recruiting efforts, but they wouldn't bring enough television money to the table to make them viable options based on what Bowlsby has been saying."

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Do we get to take the cash with us?