• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

478C3765-C06F-4393-8732-F966AB01786A.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

I don't see the PAC being viable long term without some more balance. There needs to be 12 to 16 teams and two divisions. That will make scheduling and travel for non-revenue sports much more palatable. 

PAC West: Stanford, Cal, Oregon St. Wash. St., SDSU, Colorado St. If they go to 14, add Air Force. If they go to 16 add UNLV. 

PAC East: USF, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Memphis, UTSA. If 14: Tulsa. If 16: Charlotte or ECU 

An 8 or 10 member PAC would be destined to crumble quickly the next time there is any sort of realignment. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  698
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

478C3765-C06F-4393-8732-F966AB01786A.png

Kind of digging the old school logos there.

• Group:  Member

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Definitely one of the best part or the conference realignment craziness lol 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't see the PAC being viable long term without some more balance. There needs to be 12 to 16 teams and two divisions. That will make scheduling and travel for non-revenue sports much more palatable. 

PAC West: Stanford, Cal, Oregon St. Wash. St., SDSU, Colorado St. If they go to 14, add Air Force. If they go to 16 add UNLV. 

PAC East: USF, Tulane, Rice, SMU, Memphis, UTSA. If 14: Tulsa. If 16: Charlotte or ECU 

An 8 or 10 member PAC would be destined to crumble quickly the next time there is any sort of realignment. 

I like your ideas. Something also to consider: we should leave a little room for ACC leftovers if/when that conference collapses as predicted. So I'd prefer a 12-team set up initially (PAC-4, top 4 from AAC in 2024 (USF, Tulane, SMU, and Memphis), and top 4 from MWC in 2025 (SDSU, Boise State, Colorado State, and UNLV). We then have at least 4 slots for additional ACC teams down the road. Rice, Air Force, Navy, etc. aren't going anywhere so we can always add them later if the ACC sticks together.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  179
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Interesting discussion about the proposed PAC Apple deal. I like it a little more after hearing this (could maybe resurface if the PAC rebuilds)?:

So if UO/UW had stayed put, the PAC would be intact with that Apple deal. Sounded like an interesting concept. 

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

All schools must use retro logos as an homage to the rich history and tradition of the PAAC!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

Honestly the more I think about it, a 9 team PAC-AAC for 2024 would make more sense for football scheduling.  Finding a 5th OOC game on short notice (without it being an FCS school) would be challenging.  Most teams likely have 4 OOC's already scheduled so a 9 team conference with 8 conference games would be a plus.

You could always have a home and home with the closest conference mate.  It is unusual but not against any rule I am aware of.  I believe it has been done a few times in similar situations.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

So if UO/UW had stayed put, the PAC would be intact with that Apple deal. Sounded like an interesting concept. 

All schools must use retro logos as an homage to the rich history and tradition of the PAAC!

Just like Pitt and Syracuse, it pathetic that history repeats itself all the time. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Basically the ST for 2024 it will probably be the PAC 8 with 4 AAC schools joining  then in 2025 PAC will probably raid MWC for four teams. In 2026 maybe add 4 more from the best of what is available imo 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

13 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

I think there could also be branding benefits to being Apple's sole CFB media property.  I suspect it would promote/market the ever-loving poop out of it. USF needs to build its brand - step 1 is winning, of course, but step 2 could be Apple marketing/branding efforts. 

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1