Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,427
  • Content Count:  98,351
  • Days Won:  490

Truth of the matter is if we didn't maybe luck our way into it, but won our way into it, he should get four times that $250K.  That written into his contract at 250K is again just bad optics from the University.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,482
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I cannot see Stanford / Cal accepting being in the same conference as Boise St. No idea who this dude is.

It came out today that Oliver Luck is only consulting for O/WSU, and Cal and Furd are doing their own thing. 

Either O/WSU are going to try to own/salvage the Pac brand and pluck from AAC/MWC which wouldn't be too bad or they enter the MWC.

I can kinda sorta see the Pac 4 adding 4 of the best AAC programs for just 7 conference games and then leave 5 local OOC games to ease travel. But that's a longshot. Olympic sports issues abound.

I just don't see this happening. I don't want M/WBB spending 3 days traveling to play 1 freaking game versus Oregon State in Corvallis Oregon. No. 

Get comfy in the AAC. Make a bowl game this year. Wait for FSU to leave. Hop over. Hoping VPMK is keeping those ACC contacts warm.

Edited by hm101
  • Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,296
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess what I’m saying is will MK still get the 250k bonus if USF ends up in PAC?? How will that work in the contractual agreement??

If MK gets us into the Pac, or other conference that is a merger between PAC/AAC/Mountain West he would deserve more then the 250 k bonus. I don't care whether it would be called a Power 5 conference or not, since it would clearly be the 5th best conference in the country, and would almost be akin to the Big East regarding quality. 

Would love to be fly on the wall to hear conversations taking pace behind the scenes. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,790
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If MK gets us into the Pac, or other conference that is a merger between PAC/AAC/Mountain West he would deserve more then the 250 k bonus. I don't care whether it would be called a Power 5 conference or not, since it would clearly be the 5th best conference in the country, and would almost be akin to the Big East regarding quality. 

Would love to be fly on the wall to hear conversations taking pace behind the scenes. 

It does seem, if it does happen, at best all 4 from the PAC will be available. Most likely it would be OSU and WSU.

It’s exciting that we may be included on the next round of conference realignment, but I don’t think the level of competition would be akin to the BE. I think it would be better than the MWC or the AAC though.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,296
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

I cannot see Stanford / Cal accepting being in the same conference as Boise St. No idea who this dude is.

It came out today that Oliver Luck is only consulting for O/WSU, and Cal and Furd are doing their own thing. 

Either O/WSU are going to try to own/salvage the Pac brand and pluck from AAC/MWC which wouldn't be too bad or they enter the MWC.

I can kinda sorta see the Pac 4 adding 4 of the best AAC programs for just 7 conference games and then leave 5 local OOC games to ease travel. But that's a longshot. Olympic sports issues abound.

I just don't see this happening. I don't want M/WBB spending 3 days traveling to play 1 freaking game versus Oregon State in Corvallis Oregon. No. 

Get comfy in the AAC. Make a bowl game this year. Wait for FSU to leave. Hop over. Hoping VPMK is keeping those ACC contacts warm.

In Olympic sports you can always combine roadtrip games. For example on Tuesday away at Boise State, and Thursday away at Oregon State,....

in my opinion that's a small price to pay for being in a much better situation for football. Furthermore the fact that the ACC held up their nose for Stanford is telling. in my opinion us joining the ACC in the next decade is a longshot. So in my opinion if this Pac opportunity presents itself we should jump on it with very few; if any, reservations.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,741
  • Days Won:  53

8 hours ago, hm101 said:

just don't see this happening. I don't want M/WBB spending 3 days traveling to play 1 freaking game versus Oregon State in Corvallis Oregon. No.

Does this mean more losses because of these brutal road trips?  We have to go west more than those teams need to go east.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

33 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

In Olympic sports you can always combine roadtrip games. For example on Tuesday away at Boise State, and Thursday away at Oregon State,....

in my opinion that's a small price to pay for being in a much better situation for football. Furthermore the fact that the ACC held up their nose for Stanford is telling. in my opinion us joining the ACC in the next decade is a longshot. So in my opinion if this Pac opportunity presents itself we should jump on it with very few; if any, reservations.

Think the biggest issue with Stanford is their location. I believe ACC teams lose money by adding them due to travel costs. FSU and others will never agree to travel that far out west. I will keep telling people that the ACC is probably one of the strongest conferences due to their geography. They won’t be going away anytime soon. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Does this mean more losses because of these brutal road trips?  We have to go west more than those teams need to go east.

Yes. Traveling eventually takes its tool. Look at WVU. They have not been relevant since they big east days 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  5

Being a fan of USF in realignment is like being Charlie Brown when Lucy keeps pulling the football away.  Just when I think certain circumstances will be great for us, instead the thing I least want to have happen, is what's going down.  Anyway, I'm counting on USF's potential and accomplishments (there are plenty) eventually paying off.  Gotta keep working.   

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  5

A couple of things from this article: 

Behind the scenes, however, the ACC was already having conversations about trying to add Cal, Stanford, Oregon and Washington -- discussions that had been taking place for well over a year. 

But a source with knowledge of the discussions said the Big Ten did not have serious conversations about adding Florida State, and its top priority remains Notre Dame.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0301%2Fr1138224_
WWW.ESPN.COM

Now that the deadline for teams to exit the ACC for 2024 has passed, we break down what happened and what's next.