Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

6C4FE3E1-62F9-423A-8540-C62A82F70F96.png

Wait, so all of the other AAC schools would vote to dissolve the conference so that 4 schools can just leave…? That seems like a dumb move for the rest of the schools.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I’m curious as to what possible account you would have blocked …?

I block tons of obnoxious fans on there. McMurph had me blocked before when I mentioned glass half full. Lol 

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Wait, so all of the other AAC schools would vote to dissolve the conference so that 4 schools can just leave…? That seems like a dumb move for the rest of the schools.

Consider the mud slinging source lol

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I get you don't want it to happen. This isn't an attempt to convince you it'd be a good thing. But the exit fee would be made up for in just two years of more than double the AAC's revenue ($7m I believe). Travel costs can be managed with divisions and wouldn't be that much more than what we're already paying because the AAC is also very spread out. As for streaming only, I'd be very surprised if the PAC agreed to streaming only - more likely, there'd be some kind of partnership between Apple TV and ESPN based on tiers and marquee games. FWIW I'm not as negative about it. 

Funny, you sent your as I was typing the exact same thing, haha. Great minds!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That just doesn’t seem believable to me, at least the part about POSSIBLY creating leverage to dissolve. What, you just invite 4 and nobody else, and sit back and wait?

It doesn't seem believable to me on the grounds that you're gonna invite 4 teams ... there's still 10 others and they're gonna vote to dissolve? And what? Go back to C-USA and they're $700K per year media payout? Yeah right, they'll take the exit fees from those leaving and keep the current media deal.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,253
  • Days Won:  37

13 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Brett has opinions

And it's a pretty silly opinion.

One thing anyone should take from his tweet is that Stanford is not valuable enough in Football at this time, so it's no wonder why the ACC would have issues inviting them.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I get you don't want it to happen. This isn't an attempt to convince you it'd be a good thing. But the exit fee would be made up for in just two years of more than double the AAC's revenue ($7m I believe). Travel costs can be managed with divisions and wouldn't be that much more than what we're already paying because the AAC is also very spread out. As for streaming only, I'd be very surprised if the PAC agreed to streaming only - more likely, there'd be some kind of partnership between Apple TV and ESPN based on tiers and marquee games. FWIW I'm not as negative about it. 

I thought the crux of the Pac-__'s deal with Apple was that Apple didn't want to share with a network, they wanted the whole package to themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The way he handled everything it reminds me of how that big east commissioner handled everything. What ever happened to him ? 

Marinatto rode off into the sunset bitter as hell about what Pitt and Syracuse did.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Not just 4 if that wacky conspiracy theory is correct. Depends on how many votes are needed to dissolve, if that can even be done. If the only votes needed are the ones to be merged with PAC, that would work. Lots of moving parts, though, for something like that to be pulled off. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,253
  • Days Won:  37

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe I could, what's a check? 

Good question. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Not just 4 if that wacky conspiracy theory is correct. Depends on how many votes are needed to dissolve, if that can even be done. If the only votes needed are the ones to be merged with PAC, that would work. Lots of moving parts, though, for something like that to be pulled off. 

I think AAC will just backfill not sure how all this will happen but there will be lawsuits if some of the AAC teams get left out 

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I would imagine like other conferences it would take a super majority to make that happen