Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

I don’t know that I think that FSU is having a BOT meeting in the the next 25 hours but it takes less than 1 minute to fact check there is no defined amount of warning they would be required to have to do so. As with any board no one is going to handcuff decision making powers that sometimes require immediate action. They could be meeting now, post on their site in the a minute before and be totally within their rules. 

if they had nowhere to go, then they believe they had somewhere to go and they have 24 hours to get it done that’s an emergency and it’s c :

https://regulations.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu486/files/policies/bot/FSU Policy 1-1.pdf

Section 202 - Notice of Meeting

(a) Reasonable notice of all meetings shall be made in accordance with Chapters 286 and 120, Florida Statutes, by publication in the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper, other major publication of general circulation in the area where the meeting will be held, or on the Florida State University website. Notice may also be given by media advisory issued by the University.

(b) Reasonable notice of a regular meeting of the Board shall be made one (1) week before the meeting is scheduled to take place.

(c) Notice of meetings to consider emergency matters will be posted on the University web site as early as practicable prior to the meeting.

(d) Such notice shall state the date, time and place of the meeting, a brief description of the purpose, and the address where interested persons can write to obtain a copy of the agenda.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, TheUpperHand said:

USF went 8-8 in CUSA after being in the conference for only 2 seasons and finishing no better than fifth. Saying we left them for dead is overestimating our worth considering teams like TCU, Louisville, Houston, and Cincinnati were our conference mates.

Similarly, our 3-28 conference record over the past 4 seasons suggests our value to the conference is not high outside the academic profile. We haven’t done a good job of maintaining our brand and raising the profile of the conference nationally — hopefully Coach Golesh can rectify that.

Yeah I was only having fun with it all. Was looking at USF with green & gold googles. I try not to be biased but unfortunately I am lol 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah I was only having fun with it all. Was looking at USF with green & gold googles. I try not to be biased but unfortunately I am lol 

As you should be 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

So it looks like USF in PAC/AAC merger for a few seasons before FSU finds a way out of ACC. And then ACC will probably invite USF as long as the winning starts soon imo 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Not really looking like that at all.  Wouldn’t want to leave guaranteed money for that mess anyway.

Absolutely looking like that, and for good reason.  Check out how many $$$ the PAC will get from NCAAB tourney over the next few years.  Also the name is still worth something.  Stanford is in the best negotiating position of any of the schools.  It could still go any which way, but disbanding the AAC makes a lot of sense.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t know that I think that FSU is having a BOT meeting in the the next 25 hours but it takes less than 1 minute to fact check there is no defined amount of warning they would be required to have to do so. As with any board no one is going to handcuff decision making powers that sometimes require immediate action. They could be meeting now, post on their site in the a minute before and be totally within their rules. 

if they had nowhere to go, then they believe they had somewhere to go and they have 24 hours to get it done that’s an emergency and it’s c :

https://regulations.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu486/files/policies/bot/FSU Policy 1-1.pdf

Section 202 - Notice of Meeting

(a) Reasonable notice of all meetings shall be made in accordance with Chapters 286 and 120, Florida Statutes, by publication in the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper, other major publication of general circulation in the area where the meeting will be held, or on the Florida State University website. Notice may also be given by media advisory issued by the University.

(b) Reasonable notice of a regular meeting of the Board shall be made one (1) week before the meeting is scheduled to take place.

(c) Notice of meetings to consider emergency matters will be posted on the University web site as early as practicable prior to the meeting.

(d) Such notice shall state the date, time and place of the meeting, a brief description of the purpose, and the address where interested persons can write to obtain a copy of the agenda.

A conference realignment decision that was discussed at a board meeting a couple of weeks ago would not properly qualify as an emergency under this provision. Would be a real stretch and I wouldn't want to be the attorney for FSU arguing otherwise in a proceeding challenging the action as a sunshine law/procedural violation.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Of course he doesn't name the schools (I'll let you deduce why) but if true (big if) I'd say they're the AAU schools in big cities and SMU: USF, Rice, Tulane, and SMU. Not sure how this could create leverage to get the AAC to vote to dissolve - I'd imagine that would require a 75% vote. 

Edited by TallyBull

Just now, TallyBull said:

A conference realignment decision that was discussed at a board meeting a couple of weeks ago would not properly qualify as an emergency under this provision. Would be a real stretch and I wouldn't want to be the attorney for FSU arguing otherwise in a proceeding challenging the action as a sunshine law/procedural violation.

You just have to argue that you did not have anywhere to go so you did not schedule anything. Then x changed and you have until midnight to make a decision which does not allow for greater notice. It would not be a stretch to make that argument and not one would be held back by it. This is the only definition of emergency for an emergency meeting (which happens to cover everything).

(e) Meetings of the Board may be held for the purpose of acting on emergency matters affecting the university or public health, safety, or welfare. Special and emergency meetings of the Board shall be held when directed by the Chair or by any seven (7) members of the Board.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I will be very happy if this happens and we are apart of it. If we can get a deal with Apple TV for 15-20 mil, keep Auto Playoff and there is no iron clad GoR’s, this maybe a great landing spot for us while we turn thing around; and from what I read, Stanford is running this and AAU and major cities are critical to them, so, that’s good, haha. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

You could still give him a check 

Maybe I could, what's a check?