Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,982
  • Days Won:  436

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

Our thanksgiving game is Charlotte who I never even heard of until I checked the schedule this morning. I’m not convinced some of the additions to the conference really increase the value. 

Let's hope that all conference additions don't really have to immediately increase the value ...

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

Admin needs to be all in on building up our fanbase from the existing students and the OCS. An increased fanbase and TV viewers is our only way to up our revenue either by AAC media rights or hoping to a conference with higher revenue. This is why the Big12 took UCF, they’re way larger with more engaged fans and students. More viewers.

They certainly appear to be ..... and the primary reason that the B12 took UCF was they were one the top three G5 teams on the field over the last decade. The more engaged students/fans came with the winning ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,195
  • Days Won:  5

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,771
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

There was no vote, because these four were known opponents and there was no point in taking a formal vote. Can’t guarantee, however, that if you flip one of them (if you can) you get in. There may be other opponents who didn’t show their cards because they knew they didn’t have to. For example, I’ve heard that Virginia and Virginia Tech are also not fans of the proposal. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,826
  • Days Won:  30

11 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,255
  • Days Won:  37

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

There was no vote, because these four were known opponents and there was no point in taking a formal vote. Can’t guarantee, however, that if you flip one of them (if you can) you get in. There may be other opponents who didn’t show their cards because they knew they didn’t have to. For example, I’ve heard that Virginia and Virginia Tech are also not fans of the proposal. 

I'd have a difficult time believing that Miami wouldn't vote the same way FSU would.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

I'd have a difficult time believing that Miami wouldn't vote the same way FSU would.

Agreed. I don’t think we’re getting the whole story. Seems like some in the press are low-key cheering for Stanford and Cal to find a home in the ACC. They don’t seem to want to let it go. The alternatives (shudder) are unimaginable.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Miami is a private AAU school with much different economics than FSU.  Other than the fact both are in Florida, they are vastly different schools with vastly different needs.  I have a difficult time believing they would see eye to eye on much of anything.

6 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Miami is a private AAU school with much different economics than FSU.  Other than the fact both are in Florida, they are vastly different schools with vastly different needs.  I have a difficult time believing they would see eye to eye on much of anything.

Yes, but they presumably do have one thing in common: they both want out of the ACC. So they’re aligned at least in that way.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,593
  • Days Won:  13

3 hours ago, Gismo said:

Our thanksgiving game is Charlotte who I never even heard of until I checked the schedule this morning.

You never heard of a school that used to be in the same conference as USF? Of course, at the time it was called UNC Charlotte and it was the Metro Conference.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,593
  • Days Won:  13

32 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Maybe Miami was a "soft yes" ?