Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

The people that hold out are proven right and they are in fact able to get more, the leftover are never the ones that held out they are just the deadweight that had to be shed in order to get the valuable members to their number. Do you think anyone in the B1G is mad they didn't consider the fate of WSU and OSU when they decided they didn't want to agree to $30 million just to keep supporting them?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,774
  • Days Won:  53

Just now, puc86 said:

The people that hold out are proven right and they are in fact able to get more, the leftover are never the ones that held out they are just the deadweight that had to be shed in order to get the valuable members to their number. Do you think anyone in the B1G is mad they didn't consider the fate of WSU and OSU when they decided they didn't want to agree to $30 million just to keep supporting them?

No but probably the fans are when it comes time for that Washington Iowa rivalry or whatever it is.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,195
  • Days Won:  5

Florida State will be leaving the ACC sooner rather the later. The Seminoles are too valuable a TV property for either ESPN or FOX to let wither on the vine for long. However, that exit is likely going to come at the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars to buy our way out of the ACC Grant of Rights. This all could’ve been avoided a decade ago with better leadership.

director_of_athletic_stan_wilcox.0.15087
WWW.TOMAHAWKNATION.COM

How did one of college sports biggest brands become trapped in a conference that was once an ideal match?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

No but probably the fans are when it comes time for that Washington Iowa rivalry or whatever it is.

I think most people at WSU will pine for the rivalry, I think most people on the Washington side will never think of them again. Strangely the all important War on I-4 that just made so much sense and was important to advancing both programs is no longer the most important thing to one side and the vast majority of their fans would advocate the black balling they accused us of having done in the BEAST. When Washington is playing OSU on a Saturday night no one is going to be wishing it was WSU, people that win the breakup arent the ones that pine for their exes and that is something the losing side only imagines because it is what they are doing.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

Go and ask your master if he would like to join us in our quest to get an ACC invite.

IMG_0369.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,262
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think most people at WSU will pine for the rivalry, I think most people on the Washington side will never think of them again. Strangely the all important War on I-4 that just made so much sense and was important to advancing both programs is no longer the most important thing to one side and the vast majority of their fans would advocate the black balling they accused us of having done in the BEAST. When Washington is playing OSU on a Saturday night no one is going to be wishing it was WSU, people that win the breakup arent the ones that pine for their exes and that is something the losing side only imagines because it is what they are doing.  

I posted this the other day. We are the only Florida school who has willingly elevated another Florida school into their conference (Miami to acc was a lateral move at the time) and weve done it twice now. We are now 2-3 more bad seasons away from Fau being viewed ahead of us as well. 

We should have never allowed ucf into the aac. At that time the aac was 3 schools so there's nothing they could have done. If at any point the aac wanted to do it without our agreement we should have left. 

Ive said this all along and been right. We should be independent now. We are lowering our value by continuing to stay in these crap conferences. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  221
  • Days Won:  0

This whole thing is a total **** show. We can't control much of anything, but I found this quote from a former HC at a bad FBS program that they turned around and I love the perspective it provides.

"You have to understand that the field may not be equal from a lot of different standpoints—resources, facilities, support, fan support—but all those things, if you let them filter in, you lose sight of your focus. Our focus has always been that we’re gonna be the standard, we’re gonna do what we do and do it as well as anyone does it, and we’re not gonna have any excuses or comparisons along the way.  That’s our motto: no excuses, no comparisons, and no compromises."

All we can do, in our position, is continue to support the program and CAG and hope we can get a turnaround sooner, rather than later. I just wish the realignment carousel would stop and get settled so we can move forward with whatever comes next. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

I posted this the other day. We are the only Florida school who has willingly elevated another Florida school into their conference (Miami to acc was a lateral move at the time) and weve done it twice now. We are now 2-3 more bad seasons away from Fau being viewed ahead of us as well. 

We should have never allowed ucf into the aac. At that time the aac was 3 schools so there's nothing they could have done. If at any point the aac wanted to do it without our agreement we should have left. 

Ive said this all along and been right. We should be independent now. We are lowering our value by continuing to stay in these crap conferences. 

If we were independent, we wouldn’t have to worry about ‘never having won a conference championship’.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

26 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

If we were an independent, we would be UMass without their basketball tradition. Our TV partner would be More TV 32, and we would pay them to air the games. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, Mike Stuben said:

If we were an independent, we would be UMass without their basketball tradition. Our TV partner would be More TV 32, and we would pay them to air the games. 

And, look, it's week 8 and we are playing Charleston Southern - but wait didn't we already play them in week 3. Yes we did.