Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,761
  • Content Count:  17,694
  • Days Won:  13

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think of it as the breaks or should we say dominoes are finally starting to fall our way…..

Season 7 Bobby GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,761
  • Content Count:  17,694
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Not to kick a dead horse, but they really are inept. They're really great at throwing out baseless conclusions, but not so great at actual analysis. 

I strongly suspect we're on the ACC's radar and I'm not all that concerned that they're considering Stanford and Cal. They're brand names with lots of history. It would be a no brainer to take them over us if they weren't on the opposite sides of the country. And SMU is indeed a good option for the ACC, seeing as they currently have no Texas presence and SMU is apparently offering to whore itself out for free. 

And btw, none of this (in my opinion) is VPMK's fault. Yes, he represents our school, and should advocate for it, but there's only so much the guy can do. He can't force the ACC to take us - connections or no connections. These decisions are made based upon dollars and cents, in addition to a bunch of other factors. He deserves blame for some poor hires, sure (and he could have hidden behind xCJS's contract, but to his credit he fired him and brought in CAG). But I don't think we can reasonably hang realignment around his neck.

To reiterate, the ACC is never going to add us while it already has brand name representation in Florida (FSU and UM). It might consider us if FSU leaves. It will consider us if both FSU and UM leave. Those are the relevant triggers for us vis a vis the ACC.

While we wait for something that quite frankly is likely to happen at some point (soon? 10 years? who knows?), I'm definitely interested in seeing what we can accomplish in the AAC. Will 2 or 4 of the PAC schools join? Will we join a composite PAC/AAC and, later, MWC conference? These are more realistic possibilities and I'm curious to see how it all shakes out.  

I can see the future. It turns out that the AAC loses teams and replaces them with CUSA teams. None of the PAC 4 join us. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,989
  • Days Won:  436

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Not to kick a dead horse, but they really are inept. They're really great at throwing out baseless conclusions, but not so great at actual analysis. 

I strongly suspect we're on the ACC's radar and I'm not all that concerned that they're considering Stanford and Cal. They're brand names with lots of history. It would be a no brainer to take them over us if they weren't on the opposite sides of the country. And SMU is indeed a good option for the ACC, seeing as they currently have no Texas presence and SMU is apparently offering to whore itself out for free. 

And btw, none of this (in my opinion) is VPMK's fault. Yes, he represents our school, and should advocate for it, but there's only so much the guy can do. He can't force the ACC to take us - connections or no connections. These decisions are made based upon dollars and cents, in addition to a bunch of other factors. He deserves blame for some poor hires, sure (and he could have hidden behind xCJS's contract, but to his credit he fired him and brought in CAG). But I don't think we can reasonably hang realignment around his neck.

To reiterate, the ACC is never going to add us while it already has brand name representation in Florida (FSU and UM). It might consider us if FSU leaves. It will consider us if both FSU and UM leave. Those are the relevant triggers for us vis a vis the ACC.

While we wait for something that quite frankly is likely to happen at some point (soon? 10 years? who knows?), I'm definitely interested in seeing what we can accomplish in the AAC. Will 2 or 4 of the PAC schools join? Will we join a composite PAC/AAC and, later, MWC conference? These are more realistic possibilities and I'm curious to see how it all shakes out.  

Although, not quite as down on the TBT guys as you, everything else is pretty much in line with the way I'm looking at this .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,259
  • Days Won:  37

27 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

why? Are all USF tickets going to be hard to get all of a sudden? IS TAylor Swift coming to do half time shows at our sporting events?

Hypothetically, if USF moves to the ACC with the OCS looming, then tickets will certainly be difficult to come by. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Hypothetically, if USF moves to the ACC with the OCS looming, then tickets will certainly be difficult to come by. 

yes especially with the smaller stadium.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

14 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Great post and it is probably worthy to have this one pinned at the top of this thread. So many moving parts and excitement has been happening this offseason. FSU could ( small chance imo) end up staying in ACC which would not be good for USF. Great points in that the AAC has a chance to get more teams in to help strengthen the conference. Basically USF needs to start winning ASAP as that will open up some doors so to speak. The recruiting seems to be going well. Facilities upgraded. I believe USF has one of the easier paths to the playoffs in 2024. If they make that than watch out lol. Exciting times as the opportunities are still there 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Looks beautiful!!!

66534D48-E3FC-41A9-9025-3C26BA8D319C.png

The All Coasts Conference: Atlantic, Gulf & Pacific.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

yes especially with the smaller stadium.

Yes I believe it is the perfect size for ACC. And I believe option to expand if needed…

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  62
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

so if you're following that random wvu fan as far as carriage fees, just know he is wrong. the former espn executive said that if acc network is carried on basic tier then there would be a couple of dollars difference for the year. They have an instate rate and an out of state rate. Nobody can be forced to carry acc network on basic tier.

There are 70 million people in CA and TX. That's what matters here. Let's say there's 15 million cable subscriptions between the two. If the ACC's in-market subscription fees increase $1.25 per month, you're looking at significant increase in new revenue per year. 

this guy is a little more credible.........

Edited by JAFFX2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, JAFFX2 said:

this guy is a little more credible.........

again all he is saying is that if they carry the acc network on their basic tier then yes they would have to pay an in-state fee vs an out of state fee.

ie in market subscriber fees

this amounts to a couple of dollars per year for cable subscribers (dying breed) in Dallas and San Fran.