Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

B12 doesn't have any pacific time zone teams, and the MWC's tv deal is with..... Fox and CBS. ESPN has zero pacific time inventory, with the furthest west schools of the B12 being Utah/BYU and the Zona's.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I read that in the article from The Athletic.

Very interesting to see how everything developed and how close the PAC really was to sticking together.

Yes! That is where I saw it as well.

Just now, belgianbull said:

Absolutely yes on OSU  and WSU. If the Pac loses Stanford and Cal in the next few days, and the Pac dies, the AAC needs to strike first before the Mountain West does. I hope our administration is communicating that fact to the AAC commissioner and administration.

If the AAC loses this war against the Mountain West we should be looking to join the Mountain West along Tulane, Memphis, and SMU.

How long until we know about Stanford though? From what I was hearing they may just go independent until they get brought into a Power conference. B1G may not expand until ACC teams can find a way out of their contracts

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Absolutely yes on OSU  and WSU. If the Pac loses Stanford and Cal in the next few days, and the Pac dies, the AAC needs to strike first before the Mountain West does. I hope our administration is communicating that fact to the AAC commissioner and administration.

If the AAC loses this war against the Mountain West we should be looking to join the Mountain West along Tulane, Memphis, and SMU.

The AAC is acting... conversations have taken place.  The problem is, the AAC cannot offere Stanford and Call the same money the ACC can.

So the AAC will definitely "lose this war".  OSU and WSU will likely retain all the "PAC" conference assets... which means they can merge with the MWC and rename as a the PAC 14.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

B12 doesn't have any pacific time zone teams, and the MWC's tv deal is with..... Fox and CBS. ESPN has zero pacific time inventory, with the furthest west schools of the B12 being Utah/BYU and the Zona's.

Arizona and Arizona State are in the Pacifict Time Zone until the end of Daylight Savings Time in November, so there are some PT games.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Arizona and Arizona State are in the Pacifict Time Zone until the end of Daylight Savings Time in November, so there are some PT games.

I literally googled that and it said Mountain lol. Thanks for the correction. 

Wait Jim are you sure? - 

WWW.TIMETEMPERATURE.COM

Current time in Phoenix, Arizona with information about Phoenix, Arizona official time zones and daylight saving time.

Edited by USF_Bullsharks

• Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

28 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Just a note -- the GOR does not get re-opened just because the ACC wants to re-open the ESPN deal when adding PAC-4 teams.

Wasn't there a subsequent GOR? This one only runs through June 30, 2027. The terms of the new GOR may be identical, but this doesn't appear to be the most recent iteration. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

The AAC is acting... conversations have taken place.  The problem is, the AAC cannot offere Stanford and Call the same money the ACC can.

So the AAC will definitely "lose this war".  OSU and WSU will likely retain all the "PAC" conference assets... which means they can merge with the MWC and rename as a the PAC 14.

By your logic, can the MWC offer WSU and OSU the same amount of money as the AAC? 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

If that's the case I have zero doubt that the new PAC/ Mountain West will try add SMU at the very least, but perhaps Memphis and UTSA as well. which means in my opinion after placing a phone call to the AAC regarding being aggressive the next call should be to the new Pac to tell them we are verry interested . 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,630
  • Days Won:  10

OSU and WSU will likely retain all the "PAC" conference assets... which means they can merge with the MWC and rename as a the PAC 14.

That's what I'm thinking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  370
  • Content Count:  6,587
  • Days Won:  37

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

By your logic, can the MWC offer WSU and OSU the same amount of money as the AAC? 

The difference between the ACC and the AAC is substantial. The difference between the AAC and the MWC is not as big. Those schools are out there on an island and would be a better fit in the MWC if Stanford and Cal are out of the mix.   

• Like 1