Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,418
  • Days Won:  2

Whole thing is like Survivor but with football programs.

CAG this year has to show competence as a HC this year 4+ wins shows we can right this ship with time. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,006
  • Days Won:  4

Another of my intelligence sources says this:

The ACC adds ND, Memphis, App State, Tulane, SMU to land at 18

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,418
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

ND isn't going to join especially when FSU and Clemson and maybe others on way out. 

One thing we have for us is huge school and tv market. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,006
  • Days Won:  4

further intercept analysis shows this:

Cal has, or had until last check, the most indebted sports program in the country, since its $474 million stadium retrofit in 2011. While that might not cause an SEC school to break a sweat, we are talking about fair-weather UC Berkeley alumni and 75 years of football mediocrity occasionally interrupted by brief eras of promise (1950s, early 1990s, mid-2000s), perhaps due to a history of tension between sports and academic leadership, and an incredibly high cost of living for potential staff. The athletics program apparently was able to offset only $20 million by selling seats to boosters and was promised $17.5 million in exchange for field naming rights to cryptocurrency unicorn FTX, who subsequently went bankrupt amid SEC investigation. Currently the stadium debt service represents 15% of the university's budget deficit. Yippee!

Point is, it's a troubled program whose strong points are in non-revenue Olympic sports like swimming, rugby, etc. I don't know if a public institution can discharge debts by shutting down its sports program or entering some kind of bankruptcy, but it's hard to see how the academic mission of the university won't be affected. Many of the technologies you are using right now are direct results of scientific research conducted there.

Stanford will be fine. Sports is big for them, but thankfully, unlike a lot of schools, it's not everything. They have more Nobel laureates than any other power conference team, and it's endowment is huge (50% larger than the combined endowments of all 18 schools in the new Big 12).

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Days Won:  10

I think Cal and Stanford will be ok and find a good home soon. I don't know about Oregon State.

Best AAC teams( and USF), best Mountain West teams, Oregon State,  and Army should break away and start a new conference. It was foolish of the AAC to have added Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas when it should have waited for things to play out.

USF, SMU, Memphis, ECU,UTSA, Navy, Army, San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, Air Force, Oregon State ,Army and perhaps a few more would make up a pretty nice conference.

While I hope and wish for the ACC to happen at some point I hope our administration is hard at work ( and I am sure they are) as  what we can do in the now to make our situation better.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  855
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I think Cal and Stanford will be ok and find a good home soon. I don't know about Oregon State.

Best AAC teams( and USF), best Mountain West teams, Oregon State,  and Army should break away and start a new conference. It was foolish of the AAC to have added Charlotte, Rice, and North Texas when it should have waited for things to play out.

USF, SMU, Memphis, ECU,UTSA, Navy, Army, San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, Air Force, Oregon State ,Army and perhaps a few more would make up a pretty nice conference.

While I hope and wish for the ACC to happen at some point I hope our administration is hard at work ( and I am sure they are) as  what we can do in the now to make our situation better.

Now this is an AAC that would at least be tolerable. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They never had a chance to destroy the Big 12. But they should have added San Diego State, Fresno State, SMU and Boise State a long time ago. 

The PAC absolutely had the opportunity to destroy the Big XII years ago and did not do it.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,251
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

image.png.a7f6d6e587c5e7f1ee676943b1e8bde0.png

I prefer Agent 99

image.jpeg.e5f7186f562ddebcd5071b29b5668982.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,960
  • Days Won:  436

50 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

The ACC adds ND, Memphis, App State, Tulane, SMU to land at 18

Not cool, man ........ not cool.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

13 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I prefer Agent 99

image.jpeg.e5f7186f562ddebcd5071b29b5668982.jpeg

As do I.  Time to break out the cone of silence.

image.png.aae57addd35db29f86c64f6c6078e448.png