Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He didn't win enough of them unfortunately. He has did good things on the field since he left USF.  AD MK is moving USF further and further from a power conference and winning since his arrival leading athletics.

If the new coaching staff turns out to be another bad hire I might start agreeing with you. However not right now as I’m just trying to give peace a chance…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,815
  • Days Won:  30

9 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Agree that college athletics is losing supporters.  And for USF it is worse than for many of our peers in the great state of FL.  I try to find a scapegoat for the woes of USF and being left out of realignment, but I can’t whittle it down to one thing as it's multifaceted.   The main factor to me, is the poor performance of the sports teams, football the most troublesome.  Losing leads to less interest from fans, media and donors.  It’s a killer in the new age of the NIL.  Who we have leading us matters a lot i.e., Coach, AD and President.  Our coaches (after the first) have been inadequate and frankly disappointing.  But on the main reason we have been left behind, it's in our control.  Find the will to win.  And be a force to be reckoned with.   

Bingo. Judy neglected athletics for AAU status. AD MK has failed at building and leading a winning football team. All the coaches since Leavitt have not kept USF relevant.  Sadly only one of them was able to go above 0.500 and it was an ugly last season here.  Skip had a few good wins but ended ugly. Skip has been successful since he left USF and Willy has failed his way down to not get a head coaching job. CJS is going back to Clemson south being some kind of analyst one day be might work his way back to co-offensive coordinator that doesn't call plays.  All you can do is hope GOACH is able to lead USF  Football forward. Anything short of going bowling in year 2 in the  new AAC conference will be a failure. I will wait to judge Goach and his staff by week 6. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,187
  • Days Won:  5

Potential Notre Dame + NBC TV deal? 5 years, $65M; termination of ACC scheduling agreement and new Big Ten scheduling agreement. We will see how things go.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

All you can do is hope GOACH is able to lead USF  Football forward. Anything short of going bowling in year 2 in the  new AAC conference will be a failure.

With our schedule this year, I have convinced myself that we can go bowling this season. No, I'm not realistic.  Ha ha.

2 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

With our schedule this year, I have convinced myself that we can go bowling this season. No, I'm not realistic.  Ha ha.

Any average coach should be able to win some games in the AAC .  We went for a first time coach again and have no idea how good he and his staff are going to perform. We went with the FAFO strategy again.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

If the new coaching staff turns out to be another bad hire I might start agreeing with you. However not right now as I’m just trying to give peace a chance…

You can’t continue to be passed by and things get noticeably and measurably worse for over five years and expect any semblance of peace. Do we really need for every opportunity to be completely closed before we say wow maybe we really should have tried a new path in the right direction before finally putting this guy out of our misery? There is nothing anyone can point to in his time here that looks like he is the right guy in the right place to turn things around and to make things worse there is nothing in his career that give any indication that he can do it either. If we needed to just maintain he probably has exactly what it takes but he is quite obviously not someone with a reasonable plan to navigate our situation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,968
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Did he have any span under his watch when we won one fbs game and one conference game in three years ? Nope , but he has did great things at Utah.  

33 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Didn’t he hire USF 2nd worse coach in USF history……

You're asking the wrong guy ....

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're asking the wrong guy ....

Trips do you define a coach that losses more games than he wins a success? Willy did that at USF and his whole career. I don't recall any other fan base praising and protecting losing coaches and athletic directors as much as what is left of the USF fans. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

The past 25 years of realignment has been expansion - get bigger brands, more TV markets, etc. But when Oregon/Wash are taking a half-share… there’s clearly diminishing returns on “bigger,” which makes me wonder if the *next* round (2030ish) involves jettisoning dead weight.

Good point.  If conferences are relegating teams, how would we get promoted?  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

What’s insane is how Oregon St, Wash St, Stanford and Cal all feel right now. It was one thing when the Big East collapsed, most of the leftovers were newly promoted G5’s, these are historically P5 schools being demoted. Especially Cal and Stanford who have given good P5’s with history. It’s a sad day for college football.