Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,826
  • Days Won:  30

14 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

So tired…

Who would sign a GOR deal seeing how FSU and Clemson want to leave the ACC  because of it but cant..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,195
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

your road football schedule last year

FAU 190 mi

ECU 642 mi

Memphis 826 mi

Tulane 655 mi

USF 98 mi

Tulane

your closest game this year is cincy at 913 m

that's just football.

there is a huge difference in travel.

I have been talking up that negative for a while.  But despite that disadvantage for UCF, there isn't talk of the B12 trying to ease it.  

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,678
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think that is the future. Every conference and team will have an app. You can pay for only your team and or the conference plan which streams all the  conference games. If we are still in the AAC , I know which route I am going....

Hell, that's the route I would take no matter what conference we're in. I would, and do, pay to watch USF. But, I don't give a ratsass about watching other schools play. Same as the NFL, I'll watch the Bucs, but I wouldn't pay a subscription fee to do it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think that is the future. Every conference and team will have an app. You can pay for only your team and or the conference plan which streams all the  conference games. If we are still in the AAC , I know which route I am going....

yeah it's inevitable.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,195
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If Arizona,Arizona, and Colorado all leave the pac12 they just trimmed the fat and got rid all 3/5 of their bottom feeding teams over the last few seasons. Would the TV deal pay out more to the schools remaining or less? Utah, Oregon, and Washington all have been good over the last decade. So those are the three schools that I would be most worried about leaving not the bottom of the pac12.

That's interesting.  It does seem that the B12 machine and positive press that they get is unfairly characterizing the addition(s) as a great thing.  Colorado has been downright putrid.  Maybe if the PAC12 hired better propagandists (hope that's a word) they would have teams fighting to join them.  There is a realistic public perception of instability.  Can't seem to get past it.  Oh yeah, the handling of SDSU was another error on the part of the PAC.  Big sigh!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Who would sign a GOR deal seeing how FSU and Clemson want to leave the ACC  because of it but cant..

I don't think it'll stop GORs from being signed altogether, but just none with the crazy length that the ACC went for. All the deals done recently (and their corresponding GOR) are in the 5-6 year range. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,771
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Most schools in the PAC-12 are unlikely candidates to "move up" to another conference. Only certain schools could meaningfully benefit from leaving (e.g. Oregon and Washington to the B1G). In the event they decide to stay (I have no idea how this will all settle out), they will have already turned down their most attractive alternative. Why not agree to sign a limited (5-year?) GOR in the meantime and ensure that everyone else stays on board too for that time period? Remember, the ACC GOR is unusual because of it's duration (through 2036). And I think the Big 12 also has a GOR that will kick in soon. Doesn't seem that unusual to me - TV partners are willing to pay more for more stable conferences.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,761
  • Days Won:  0

My brain right now trying to figure this all out... 😂🤘

clockwork-gears.gif

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,826
  • Days Won:  30

6 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Hell, that's the route I would take no matter what conference we're in. I would, and do, pay to watch USF. But, I don't give a ratsass about watching other schools play. Same as the NFL, I'll watch the Bucs, but I wouldn't pay a subscription fee to do it.

I would pay for USF only unless we get in the ACC and SEC because some of those games are fun to watch.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

That's interesting.  It does seem that the B12 machine and positive press that they get is unfairly characterizing the addition(s) as a great thing.  Colorado has been downright putrid.  Maybe if the PAC12 hired better propagandists (hope that's a word) they would have teams fighting to join them.  There is a realistic public perception of instability.  Can't seem to get past it.  Oh yeah, the handling of SDSU was another error on the part of the PAC.  Big sigh!

I agree.

colorado has one winning season in last 11 years since joining the pac 12 from the big 12.

it was bottom of the barrel from pac 12

• Like 1