Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,944
  • Days Won:  436

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big.  I mean really big and bust th door down.  That's the only way any more.   

You mean like Boise State?

Boise State is in Boise Idaho, one of the smalles states in the country population wise, also with zero recruits locally.  If Boise State was in the South East and/or Florida, they would be in either the ACC or Big 12.

There's been absolutely no precedent set that winning really big is a solution and "the only way any more" to a seat at the P5 table .... unless you know something we don't ... but we may as well go ahead and do it .... couldn't hurt.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

i read some interesting comments on the Big 12....from other blogs in regards to recruiting

The main comment was since the departure  of  Texas A & M and Missouri,  the  Big 12  would  need a NEW RECRUITING GROUND...to remain strong and be a Power Conference...

Lets convince them of the I-4 corridor Talent Pool...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big.  I mean really big and bust th door down.  That's the only way any more.   

Yeah. Boise St was coming to the Big East when hopes were that the Big East was getting a big TV contract and pre-raid. So yeah, like Boise St.

Boise State is in Boise Idaho, one of the smalles states in the country population wise, also with zero recruits locally.  If Boise State was in the South East and/or Florida, they would be in either the ACC or Big 12.

There's been absolutely no precedent set that winning really big is a solution and "the only way any more" to a seat at the P5 table .... unless you know something we don't ... but we may as well go ahead and do it .... couldn't hurt.

So explain Rutgers. They started selling tickets after winning games and even expanded their stadium. Having AAU status helped of course. You think if Rutgers sucked they would be going where they are headed?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big. I mean really big and bust th door down. That's the only way any more.

Boise State is in Boise Idaho, one of the smalles states in the country population wise, also with zero recruits locally. If Boise State was in the South East and/or Florida, they would be in either the ACC or Big 12.

There's been absolutely no precedent set that winning really big is a solution and "the only way any more" to a seat at the P5 table .... unless you know something we don't ... but we may as well go ahead and do it .... couldn't hurt.

So explain Rutgers. They started selling tickets after winning games and even expanded their stadium. Having AAU status helped of course. You think if Rutgers sucked they would be going where they are headed?

Yes, they give the Big 10 a good tie in with the New York market, I know it's not that big of a media market, but still a nice one to have. By the way I was joking about the market, I felt with some of the people on this board I needed to add my sarcasm disclaimer.

USF's final hope and only solution is to win big. I mean really big and bust th door down. That's the only way any more.

Boise State is in Boise Idaho, one of the smalles states in the country population wise, also with zero recruits locally. If Boise State was in the South East and/or Florida, they would be in either the ACC or Big 12.

There's been absolutely no precedent set that winning really big is a solution and "the only way any more" to a seat at the P5 table .... unless you know something we don't ... but we may as well go ahead and do it .... couldn't hurt.

Yes, they give the Big 10 a good tie in with the New York market, I know it's not that big of a media market, but still a nice one to have. By the way I was joking about the market, I felt with some of the people on this board I needed to add my sarcasm disclaimer.

Seems like someone signed in with their second ID and responded to this thread where they posted with their other ID. Trying to get past the 1 negative vote a day rule or just padding your post votes? Busted. :roflmao:

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone else get the feeling the B12 is going to play the waiting game? Making sure the money is truly their before they move forward with expansion? I just don't see them acting quickly... hope I'm wrong.

Settle in, enjoy some USF football, and hope eventually they pick our number.

Winter is coming, and it could be a long time till we see resolution, good or bad!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@HookemBoard: Looking more and more like USF to the Big 12: What do you guys think about USF if the Big 12 and Fo... http://t.co/MXUNgSZN6Q #247Sports

feel bad for the USF guy who posts this stuff on their board...Texas just being...well...Texas.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not sure why everyone is so quick to make the Big 12 expand. Their TV contract is great. Schools like Cincy, Boise State, or ourselves is goi g to up it enough to justify adding anytime soon.

Lots of evidence that a conference championship game will be important to getting into the postseason "playoff".

Link?

Everything I've seen is just massive speculation. The only solid source of Big 12 expansion is that Jerry really wants to host a Big 12 Championship.

Adding FSU or Clemson or Miami can build on their already great TV contract. Outside of BYU, I don't see another school like that.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

@HookemBoard: Looking more and more like USF to the Big 12: What do you guys think about USF if the Big 12 and Fo... http://t.co/MXUNgSZN6Q #247Sports

feel bad for the USF guy who posts this stuff on their board...Texas just being...well...Texas.

If you ask me, that USF asked for it.  Posting on their board inviting us to their conference.   It'd be different if a Texas fan posted that USF was looking likely.  That's like a Memphis fan coming on here with the preposterous notion that they were getting added...wait, nevermind...

• Upvote 2