Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  4,187
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Brad said:

It's very clear the package deal is off.  Now that they are on top, they have learned.

Understand that many UCF fans are glad to be free of us.  Get it.   I question why USF is left behind over and over.  We've talked of the many reasons that USF would add value to these struggling conferences.   To not be considered is perplexing.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Understand that many UCF fans are glad to be free of us.  Get it.   I question why USF is left behind over and over.  We've talked of the many reasons that USF would add value to these struggling conferences.   To not be considered is perplexing.  

The conferences have to have their reasons. It is not like the University isn’t doing what it can. Whether we get picked or not, there will still be football.

2 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

The conferences have to have their reasons. It is not like the University isn’t doing what it can. Whether we get picked or not, there will still be football.

What are those reasons do you suppose?  Just aiming to keep us in our place?  Classic haves versus have-nots? Anyway, if we are passed over again then our success can be our revenge.  Make 'em regret it.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

28 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

What are those reasons do you suppose?  Just aiming to keep us in our place?  Classic haves versus have-nots? Anyway, if we are passed over again then our success can be our revenge.  Make 'em regret it.  

FWIW I tend to think that often the names mentioned in connection with expansion are just names the reporter thinks may be plausible candidates. But reporters don’t make these decisions, TV execs and university presidents do. It doesn’t really bother me that much that USF isn’t mentioned in every report. It is mentioned in some reports. We just need the right people to do their due diligence based on solid criteria instead of just W’s and L’s - and a few wins to get folks’ attention wouldn’t hurt. 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,970
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

It's really not that perplexing and it's only been twice, so far. The first time was a decade ago during the Great Upheaval. Back then, the only one without a prolonged history in a major conference at some point to stay in a major conference was Louisville ..... a brand name primarily in basketball but had some football cache also, along with a very healthy donor base. This last time they took the 3 top G5 winners over that last decade. There's really no question why we were left behind those 2 times ......... burning question is, what happens if there's another run on G5's.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,674
  • Days Won:  255

I think it could have something to do with them hiring the right people and executing on their vision while we hire the wrong people that lack vision and need to be executed.

People aren’t going to just randomly decide to include us in the conversation we need to force ourselves into the conversation and if the person charged with that cannot figure out how to do it the organic way then they need to be a disrupter. 

We have a corporate suit that brings nothing to the table and has the results to prove it. 

At least hire a PR firm and payoff every sports reporter on their way to unemployment to start including us in the conversation until people get inundated with it enough that they actually start doing it of their own volition.

Building a G5 stadium isn’t a solution to a P5 problem and people need to stop pretending that it is. 

We are less apart of the conversation than we would have been last year, which was less than we would have been the year before, which is less than the year before that, which is less the year before that, which is less than the year before that, which is less than the year before that… and one man stands alone as the driving force of that tangible decline.

We have a great list of reasons to be included the one thing that is lacking is athletics, sadly this is an athletic discussion and we do not seem interested in changing the downward course on that front. 

Stop accepting the bread and circuses and recognize that no one could be this bad at this job at a less opportune time organically, he is clearly a gain of function Doug Woolard experiment unleashed on us from a lab.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Cat941 said:

So according to a recent article by McMurphy the B12 will add 1-3 more schools along with Colorado.  Likely PAC teams if they can get 'em.  Of course Brett failed to include USF on the list of teams being considered.  Only Memphis, UConn, UNLV and SDSU are the G5 teams potentially to be added to the B12.  How ridiculous!  Not even considered?  UCF will have the highest travel burden in the NCAA this fall in their debut season in the B12.  

While McMurphy mentioned several G5, there's some scuttlebutt that really only UConn is being considered because Yormark loves them and wants to have a NYC presence of some sort. A few writers have noted that it's either another PAC team for 14, UConn for 14 if none bite, or potentially 3 PAC teams to get to 16.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  857
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Cat941 said:

I appreciate you're questioning attitude for what's going on, however it it perfectly clear why we got passed up. Simple answer is we suck and it's at a terrible time. The B12 expanded and straight up took winners that proudly held championships on new years day while we just continued to fall short. Time after time the media and others would favor us for a game only for us to fail and embarrass ourselves on national television. I am a huge fan, alumni, and STM (will forever be regardless of the frustrating circumstances) but can objectively say that we are in this predicament due to our own decision making. We did not take athletics seriously, while I'll tip my hat and say that with conviction the university went after AAU and succeeded, I must question at what cost? Did we fail to balance the two or did we go too far to achieve academic status only to dig ourselves too deep to come back? At this time we offer nothing of value. Can't stress enough how fickle Tampa is as a market just look at the BUCS blackout games just a few years back, rays attendance, etc... If you aren't winning Tampa isn't watching so you're tangible market value is a hard sell.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's really not that perplexing and it's only been twice, so far. The first time was a decade ago during the Great Upheaval. Back then, the only one without a prolonged history in a major conference at some point to stay in a major conference was Louisville ..... a brand name primarily in basketball but had some football cache also, along with a very healthy donor base. This last time they took the 3 top G5 winners over that last decade. There's really no question why we were left behind those 2 times ......... burning question is, what happens if there's another run on G5's.

Has it only been twice?  Oh yeah, I guess I included 2016 when the B12 failed to add any teams and also Rutgers winning the B10 lottery in 2014.  I'm questioning why our value is minimized now when we have so many positives to bring to the table!

5 hours ago, 350_BULL said:

I appreciate you're questioning attitude for what's going on, however it it perfectly clear why we got passed up. Simple answer is we suck and it's at a terrible time. The B12 expanded and straight up took winners.

At this time we offer nothing of value. Can't stress enough how fickle Tampa is as a market just look at the BUCS blackout games just a few years back, rays attendance, etc... If you aren't winning Tampa isn't watching so you're tangible market value is a hard sell.

Yes.  We've stunk lately.  Both in BB and FB.  But we had years of success.  Haven't we?