Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

ACC-eyeing-Oregon-Washington-with-Pac-12
CLUTCHPOINTS.COM

The ACC has reportedly looked into the possibility of luring...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,012
  • Days Won:  4

Kids, we gotta rethink this whole conference naming business. Your numbers don't match up and the ATLANTIC is but a short THREE THOUSAND MILES from Beavers & Huskies. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

41 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

What a great way to celebrate my 77th birthday! :05-nono:

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

For anyone to try to predict 14 years out is outrageous however it would make a nice 67th birthday present for me.  That Conf will revamp long before  that regardless of the GOR in place.

Hey you old fogies, this is the realignment thread, you need to find the stadium thread and suggest some upgraded wheelchair seating (and a save a spot for me).

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:
ACC-eyeing-Oregon-Washington-with-Pac-12
CLUTCHPOINTS.COM

The ACC has reportedly looked into the possibility of luring...

The ACC can “eye” those schools all it wants. I can safely predict that it will be a cold day in hell when UW/OR go to the ACC. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,654
  • Days Won:  51

40 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

The ACC can “eye” those schools all it wants. I can safely predict that it will be a cold day in hell when UW/OR go to the ACC. 

B1G told Phil Knight no so they are going to the B12.  Can’t believe the Citronaught timing.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

Oh, I was gonna mention, in terms of VPMK and if he submits papers to join the PAC 12; if he does that, it will show that he does not have a preexisting “agreement” with the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

B1G told Phil Knight no so they are going to the B12.  Can’t believe the Citronaught timing.  

I actually think that could be a good thing for USF, the more teams say no to the ACC, the better our chances are of getting an invite. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

What people need to understand is that the rest of the ACC can chose to take a lower amount. Why would they want to keep FSU when they want to leave? No sense waiting it out until 2036 and end up getting nothing. Take the money and let FSU go and be happy. Divorces suck so it is best to speed up the process and settle. 

Messy splits aren't great but FSU is at such a disadvantage leverage wise. Oklahoma and Texas were only about to get out 1 year early since the Big 12 and networks were willing to negotiate. 13 years early is a giant gap. But I definitely don't think the other ACC teams should give up revenue to appease FSU and Clemson since you know it won't stop them from leaving as soon as possible anyway. Giving into Texas for years didn't do the Big 12 any good as far as keeping them. Ride out the money train and then reload on teams once they exit. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, michibull said:

I actually think that could be a good thing for USF, the more teams say no to the ACC, the better our chances are of getting an invite. 

Exactly!! That is how I been seeing it. The more chaos the better for USF imo

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Messy splits aren't great but FSU is at such a disadvantage leverage wise. Oklahoma and Texas were only about to get out 1 year early since the Big 12 and networks were willing to negotiate. 13 years early is a giant gap. But I definitely don't think the other ACC teams should give up revenue to appease FSU and Clemson since you know it won't stop them from leaving as soon as possible anyway. Giving into Texas for years didn't do the Big 12 any good as far as keeping them. Ride out the money train and then reload on teams once they exit. 

I do believe now we are seeing all the power conferences jockeying for positions. Interesting times! Welcome to another summer of chaos lol