Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

I'm in the camp that preferred to see the ACC blow up.  Chaos was good for USF.

Agreed

Same here. Looks like our only hope is the B12 at this point.

Uconn will probably be ACC's 16th member, not sure how attractive Cincinnati is to the B12 

I think Cinci's biggest drawback is their stadium size.  They play in a 35K capacity stadium (as does Boise, but at least Boise has some cred).  They apparently can't do much to expand in terms of stadium size due to the location of the stadium.  It's a pretty big crutch on their part.

Their market is OK.  They are closer to the B12 footprint, but at least we've heard B12 and Florida rumors.  Hopefully we get called up.  We need the WVU buffoons sources to come over and tell us that the GOR is non binding and FSU will sue their way out to stir the pot. 

Nippert Stadium Expansion News Conference Transcription

Dec. 18, 2012

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121812aaa.html

They also use Paul Brown stadium for high profile games.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That Cincy Expansion is adding about 1,500 5,000 seats mostly luxury boxes.  They can't increase their capacity in any real way.

Edit they are adding 5K seats.  It's still only a 40K stadium at that point.

Edited by Bull Martin

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

And I'm sure Hillsborough Community College will somehow get AAU status and pass us next right slick? Is that why everyone on twitter is now calling USF, Cincy, Boise, BYU, UConn, UCF to the big12? I don't see a word about memphis on there. I wish I could negative post you into oblivion. Just the public opinion and guesswork alone should tell you that people still think of USF as a player, regardless of what our last 2 years have shown.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  557
  • Content Count:  14,442
  • Days Won:  13

That Cincy Expansion is adding about 1,500 5,000 seats mostly luxury boxes.  They can't increase their capacity in any real way.

Edit they are adding 5K seats.  It's still only a 40K stadium at that point.

Paul Brown is 65k and they use it for big games.

And I'm sure Hillsborough Community College will somehow get AAU status and pass us next right slick? Is that why everyone on twitter is now calling USF, Cincy, Boise, BYU, UConn, UCF to the big12? I don't see a word about memphis on there. I wish I could negative post you into oblivion. Just the public opinion and guesswork alone should tell you that people still think of USF as a player, regardless of what our last 2 years have shown.

Not everyone is calling USF to go anywhere. You remind me of a girl with a crush on someone they never have a chance of dating, seeing everything as a sign they love you when its just your imagination. USF to the Big 12? By what decade was it? Hem is a Fraud. Put that thread into the HoF.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

And I'm sure Hillsborough Community College will somehow get AAU status and pass us next right slick? Is that why everyone on twitter is now calling USF, Cincy, Boise, BYU, UConn, UCF to the big12? I don't see a word about memphis on there. I wish I could negative post you into oblivion. Just the public opinion and guesswork alone should tell you that people still think of USF as a player, regardless of what our last 2 years have shown.

If it doesn't come from a message board or a video game it's not legit. Slick has a funny world view.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Lots of chatter now. Nice to hear us mentioned.

@murphsturph: If Big 12 wants to expand to 12, Boise State's position is now better with ACC GoR. Also better odds for Cincy, UConn, BYU, USF, UCF.

@Boncaro_Ben: Hearing EARLY rumors of # UCF, along with other schools (possibly USF, Cincy, Boise State, UConn) might be headed to the BIG 12. Unofficial

@ArtDirectorBYU: If everyone is going to 14: Add USF/UCF/Cinci to WVa/KU/KSU/ISU. Add BYU to Big 12 South. Non-football travel would be really tough, though

@theDudeofWV: @LandThieves Big 12 should add BYU, UCONN, Cincy and USF.

@caingle: If you're the #BIg12, seems like it would make sense to add #UCF #USF & #Boise #BYU. Get to 14 with two rivalry pairs.

@LandThieves: I know it won't happen but it should. Big12 needs to expand recruit turf, and give WVU some eastern teams. Id welcome USF/UCF

@JBTexasEx: #Big12 screwed up not adding #Louisville at #11 two years ago. Add USF or UCF and that makes a nice 12-team league. Oh, well. #GoCards

My sources tell me that the Longhorns fans have a ragging ***** for a conference championship game at Cowboys stadium, and for clearly defined and equal divisions. The only way this will happen again is if the Big12 expand back to 12+ teams.

My sources are my family who are big Cowboys fans / season ticket holders. Apparently the Cowboys had something about this possibility in Star Magazine about a month ago... apparently the President of UT has been meeting with Jerry about getting this all setup pending of course Big12 expansion.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Your "sources" have been brutal in the past. Wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Now possible senarios

1. Nothing else happens

2. Big 12 takes USF/UCF or a few others

3. B1G targets Mizzou and Kansas, SEC targets OU, OSU, &WVU, ACC takes Texas just like ND, and PAC offers at least 3 (80% blowup vote)

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Now possible senarios

1. Nothing else happens

2. Big 12 takes USF/UCF or a few others

3. B1G targets Mizzou and Kansas, SEC targets OU, OSU, &WVU, ACC takes Texas just like ND, and PAC offers at least 3 (80% blowup vote)

I can't see scenario 3, the other Texas teams would **** themselves in Texas politics to Keep Texas around.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,956
  • Days Won:  436

And I'm sure Hillsborough Community College will somehow get AAU status and pass us next right slick? Is that why everyone on twitter is now calling USF, Cincy, Boise, BYU, UConn, UCF to the big12? I don't see a word about memphis on there. I wish I could negative post you into oblivion. Just the public opinion and guesswork alone should tell you that people still think of USF as a player, regardless of what our last 2 years have shown.

If it doesn't come from a message board or a video game it's not legit. Slick has a funny world view.

If it doesn't come from a Twit, it ain't legit.