Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

No, BTLS said he was "not" taking the job. On the other hand, JP Petersen's sources told him that Deion had been on campus and that he'd likely take the job (turned out that he was just leveraging USF for more money with Colorado). Not clear whether Deion had ever actually been on campus. At least that's my recollection.

Deion was never on campus.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

Do not think USF will be a candidate for PAC or B12 realignments right now. Why would we? Our jump comes from FSU leaving the ACC. 

• Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Days Won:  5

19 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Thanks, Cat! Welcome to the board. I’m happy to share as much as I can find. I’m not an insider so I am like most fans just trying to keep up with all the craziness that has been going on with college football & USF. Most of these posts on this thread are pure speculations and passing a long rumors. Heck a lot of them are just people throwing out conferences realignment ideas. Have fun and enjoy the USF ride to glory!! Go Bulls!!! 

I've been reading here for a long time along with following social media especially twitter (when you could without an account).  Need to get those USF realignment rumors out there!   Speak it into existance.   

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Deion was never on campus.

#DeionIsComing

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Content Count:  10,418
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I guess he has half a ball after all 

If ACC lost top 3 or 4 teams they be dead.  Then maybe Pac could pick up some remaining ACC teams. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If ACC lost top 3 or 4 teams they be dead.  Then maybe Pac could pick up some remaining ACC teams. 

Anyone who isn’t brought into a power conference should go basketball only

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

24 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That is a big IF considering the ACC commissioner seems to be out ahead of to make sure they stay the top 3 conference behind Big Ten & SEC. Basically ACC would just back fill with big 12 or top G5 schools 

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

That is a big IF considering the ACC commissioner seems to be out ahead of to make sure they stay the top 3 conference behind Big Ten & SEC. Basically ACC would just back fill with big 12 or top G5 schools 

Doesn't the Big 12 have its own GoR that is about to kick in soon? Wouldn't that limit the ACC's options down the road? If so, you gotta think they'd rather make a move on any potential Big 12 school (looking at you, WVU) sooner rather than later. Otherwise, they'll be stuck with G5 options only because no one's coming over from the Big 10 or SEC.

Looks like everyone's moving to Tampa and Orlando. Expanding conferences really need to keep this fact in mind, plus:

• AAU
  • Large public institution
  • Large media market
  • Significant (recent) investment in athletics

We need to focus on winning some ballgames. I'm optimistic that everything else will work out - eventually.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

4 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Doesn't the Big 12 have its own GoR that is about to kick in soon? Wouldn't that limit the ACC's options down the road? If so, you gotta think they'd rather make a move on any potential Big 12 school (looking at you, WVU) sooner rather than later. Otherwise, they'll be stuck with G5 options only because no one's coming over from the Big 10 or SEC.

What was interesting is that the ACC commissioner was even talking about potential candidates coming from the PAC 12 news. Maybe Kansas too ?