• Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

16 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

The key word is could. I will take my chances with USF being in a conference with the east coast. Basically it will be like a Super Big East. Cuse, Pitt, VTech, BC, GaTech UL etc..

I look at this from my own purely selfish fan perspective. If that’s our ACC, I’m all in. I’ll travel up and down the east coast every weekend when I retire and enjoy every minute of it for as long as I have.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Fact. They do appear clueless and bent on their own destruction.

I guess the question is what Oregon & Wash are going to do. Are they going to wait and hope the big ten comes calling or are they going to dictate what is left of the pac 12 and demand most of the tv deal 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0728%2Fr1203070_
WWW.ESPN.COM

ACC commissioner Jim Phillips said the league continues to actively consider adding teams but has thus far not found enough value in any expansion option.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Just now, hm101 said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0728%2Fr1203070_
WWW.ESPN.COM

ACC commissioner Jim Phillips said the league continues to actively consider adding teams but has thus far not found enough value in any expansion option.

At some point the ACC needs to bite the bullet and take a chance on UConn & USF football 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,248
  • Days Won:  68

12 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Like that's going to happen.  Have you not seen how USF has bumbled realignment the past 15 years at every turn.  Have you seen even ONE credible news source indicating USF is a candidate for ANY conference.  

I haven't.  

Yet I see UConn, SMU, Memphis, UNLV, Colorado State, and Tulane mentioned by knowledgeable media all the time.  

USF has fallen so far they are now behind a former woebegone Tulane as an expansion candidate.  The same Tulane we laughed at for years and who couldn't win a game for decades.  USF is and always will be a Sun Belt level program.  

Get that through your head.

I agree with you however I am further along in the grieving process and am no longer as bummed about the situation as you currently are, it will get better, keep your chin up. 

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

At some point the ACC needs to bite the bullet and take a chance on UConn & USF football 

Why?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

Like that's going to happen.  Have you not seen how USF has bumbled realignment the past 15 years at every turn.  Have you seen even ONE credible news source indicating USF is a candidate for ANY conference.  

I haven't.  

Yet I see UConn, SMU, Memphis, UNLV, Colorado State, and Tulane mentioned by knowledgeable media all the time.  

USF has fallen so far they are now behind a former woebegone Tulane as an expansion candidate.  The same Tulane we laughed at for years and who couldn't win a game for decades.  USF is and always will be a Sun Belt level program.  

Nonsense. It’s a flavor of the month story with expansion. Just because Tulane had a good year last year, they’re in the mix? Not likely. If we can right the ship and start winning some games, the Tampa Bay market will take over. It may take longer than we’d like, but we’ll have a seat. And let’s not fool ourselves into thinking we’re competing for a natty. That’s not happening for 90% of the schools already in the “power” leagues. There are only a handful of schools who fit that profile.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  180
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

They are literally making the exact same mistake as the Pac 12. "um er we don't see anything that adds value and closes the revenue gap with the SEC and Big Ten". I want to shake my laptop. You don't go get UConn and USF because they get you on par with the Big Ten. you get them because you block Big 12 from having exclusivity to the War on I4 and National Champion, you get them as a backstop against possible Florida poaching, you get them for their academic and geographic fit. You figure out a way to make the numbers work even if you have to piss off Wake Forest or whatever. Jesus I should send a bill to the commish for consulting fees. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,048
  • Days Won:  2

They're just waiting for ESPN to tell them what to do like back in 2010, but ESPN is falling apart.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

I haven't.  

You're not s'posed to say that. We previously agreed that we're too good for certain P5 conferences and that we are just quietly biding our time until such time as the SEC or B1G realizes what a phenomenal asset we would be.  Going forward, please stick to the script.  

• Haha 2