Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

So basically we will probably be looking at ACC staying strong

There's a sweet spot you're looking for. The ACC isn't adding G5 without taking losses. So you want them to lose between 2 to 4 because then they're in a position to add, but still with an attractive core.

If they lose too little or nothing at all, no reason to add. If they lose too much to the P2, anyone left is rushing for the Big 12 rather than be left out.

• Topic Count:  374
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Days Won:  56

59 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

It is ACC or bust for USF

If this shakes out and we’re left with the remnants of the ACC and a few of our regular comrades - Tulane, Memphis - that would be just fine in my book.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

There's a sweet spot you're looking for. The ACC isn't adding G5 without taking losses. So you want them to lose between 2 to 4 because then they're in a position to add, but still with an attractive core.

If they lose too little or nothing at all, no reason to add. If they lose too much to the P2, anyone left is rushing for the Big 12 rather than be left out.

Been hearing FSU may be leaving ACC by 8/15. If true that could help open some doors for USF

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So after the Big 12 meeting tonight, the invites go to UColo and UConn and that puts them at their preferred 14 ........ one silver lining in the dark cloud for us is not having to put up with the dbags and the clown in Boulder on a regular basis.

I have no desire to see us play Kansas State, Colorado, Iowa State, Baylor, etc. Give me whatever’s left of the ACC - Pitt, Wake, etc.

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Been hearing FSU may be leaving ACC by 8/15. If true that could help open some doors for USF

If the ACC just sits there and doesn’t make some move, they’ll join the PAC in being torn apart as soon as it’s possible. What a mess collegiate sports have become. I used to devour college (hoops especially) on the tube. Now it’s just USF games for me.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I have no desire to see us play Kansas State, Colorado, Iowa State, Baylor, etc. Give me whatever’s left of the ACC - Pitt, Wake, etc.

I agree with this. The travel would be terrible. ACC will still have the east coast 

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

If the ACC just sits there and doesn’t make some move, they’ll join the PAC in being torn apart as soon as it’s possible.

Yes indeed. Interesting times we are in

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Assuming there’s no Big 12 invitation coming (no way you turn it down if it comes), this is the silver lining. Plus the potential of eventually joining the ACC, which is a better institutional and geographical fit for USF. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Assuming there’s no Big 12 invitation coming (no way you turn it down if it comes), this is the silver lining. Plus the potential of eventually joining the ACC, which is a better institutional and geographical fit for USF. 

Oviedo CC can go play Texas Tech and Iowa State. I’d rather be in the stands at Georgia Tech and Duke.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Exactly how I am thinking. USF has a better chance at an ACC invite than a big 12 invite imo. And personally i would prefer the ACC 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

31 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Why are we still on UConn?

If Colorado is going to the Big XII, then another PAC 12 program makes much more sense.

The golf peep had a 100/100 confidence factor .... come on, John.