Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,813
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

That's the thing though. The rising media deals for the B1G and SEC mean there is an insane difference in money for schools like FSU, Miami, Clemson and schools like Rutgers that those three feel are inferior. FSU leadership has already voiced displeasure at the idea that UCF is making the same or more money than they are and that difference is miniscule at the moment.

I agree but espn is dying and responsible for paying out alot of this money for the sec and acc. Eventually cable TV will either have to adjust their pricing to get people back or  switch to app based broadcasting.  The current cable model is dying and losing members every year.Over the air free TV will always be there and show most of the biggest games.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,766
  • Days Won:  53

You just hate to see ESPN struggling.  I wonder if the entity that owns them is struggling too.  🤔

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You just hate to see ESPN struggling.  I wonder if the entity that owns them is struggling too.  🤔

Yes they (Disney) continue to fall. Igor is rumored to be wanting to sell off ABC but possibly keep ESPN. I don’t think they have a clue how to fix what the previous CEO has broke…

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well they got of got away for what made them popular a 24/7 sports only channel. They started to drive some people out when ESPN started adding  content such political commentary and promotion of  agendas  that is not sports related and add that cable tv is already dying. People loved to turn on ESPN in its peak to escape the world to watch sports and hear people talk about sports. You can stream legally almost all of the games now of different free and legal apps that relay free over the air channels. Amazon was airing some pac games and it would be great if they got all the pac12 games. If amazon someone how gets a deal to air all of the Pac games it would create an amazon funded conference to rival ESPN backed deals and legacy media.

I tuned out around the time that Fox Sports 1 debuted. I had higher hopes for FS1 and the potential there, and while it ultimately never really lived up to the hype, I just grew tired of ESPN's BS. All the making news instead of reporting it. I don't care for the hot take shows (I did enjoy Around the Horn and PTI because they were legitimate debate). The straw that really broke it for me was the round-the-clock coverage of "DeflateGate", and all that surrounded it, then just ignoring all the evidence and never admitting they BS'd the facts of the story for cheap ratings. Once they turned the channel into performative art, they lost me. It also doesn't help that they've been behind all the realignment BS until recent years when Fox and others have gotten in on it and it's come back to bite them because they can't afford to keep up. Now they're bleeding money and cutting any actual talent they had on staff.

I'll tune in for live games and that's about it.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,766
  • Days Won:  53

39 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

If amazon someone how gets a deal to air all of the Pac games it would create an amazon funded conference to rival ESPN backed deals and legacy media.

That would be interesting.  Need more competition in the new media models.  Some of the existing bloat has to come out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,670
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Well they got of got away for what made them popular a 24/7 sports only channel. They started to drive some people out when ESPN started adding  content such political commentary and promotion of  agendas  that is not sports related and add that cable tv is already dying. People loved to turn on ESPN in its peak to escape the world to watch sports and hear people talk about sports. You can stream legally almost all of the games now of different free and legal apps that relay free over the air channels. Amazon was airing some pac games and it would be great if they got all the pac12 games. If amazon someone how gets a deal to air all of the Pac games it would create an amazon funded conference to rival ESPN backed deals and legacy media.

You're not wrong here. A lot of people i talk to feel this way about ESPN. I like the E:60, 30 for 30, etc. though so i don't know. Doesn't bother me either way. I just don't watch ESPN because i catch all my sports news here, reddit, and the rest of the social media world. Outside of live sports, I see the talk shows going the way of the newspaper...

Edited by Sk00b

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,379
  • Days Won:  491

19 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Outside of live sports, I see the talk shows going the way of the newspaper...

Followers need the echo chamber - they will continue to follow shows that provide them the affirmation they need. 

This is why I will start my podcast as soon as the Bulls win.  I’m going to lead a bovine inspired cult that that will … well, I haven’t got that far.  

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  3,670
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

This is why I will start my podcast as soon as the Bulls win.  I’m going to lead a bovine inspired cult that that will … well, I haven’t got that far.  

@cc_pookah 🤔

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

Harlan speaks out…

C48B5F8F-6A4F-403F-BDD4-9E811716AA54.png