Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think whoever agreed to pay the big 12 that tv money should be fired. I don’t think their next deal will be as good. ACC I been hearing rumors that they will be getting a bump in their tv contracts starting in 2026…

I doubt ACC is getting more. Most of these deals will be torn up just like MLB, NBA, and NHL deals are being reworked now with Bally's in bankruptcy.

d76bd55e7408b6037532813d9e9a09b5
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Bankrupt Sinclair subsidiary Diamond Sports Group tells rights holder Raycom to find another distribution arrangement for the Atlantic Coast Conference

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

41 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Depends on the conference SEC only added big time programs with their expansions Mizzou ( decent football at the time they good, great basketball), A&M ( good athletics deep pockets), Texas (Huge money and market good athletics), and and Oklahoma (Big Pockets, great program).

B1g added two good programs UCLA(Trending up for athletics again and large following) and USC(Big athletics program and big donors) both get them access to California market .

B12- Cincinnati(success recent but coach left top25-50), Byu(Solid program), UCF( top 25-50 program), and Houston (top 25-50).   

I think the only two teams they are close are Mizzou and UCLA. I think the b1g and SEC definitely added better programs but the b12 was also working with the best of the leftovers.

I could be wrong but they do not have the hype all of the rest added for p5.

I still think comparing talent,  nfl draft aspirations,  conference prestige and CFP status  the conference ranking stayed the same.

1) SEC- The best conference for championships, prestige, and draft status

2) B1g- Runner up has a few big time programs such as Ohio State and Michigan. It will be interesting to see if Wisconsin is back with the new coach. Still puts a lot of players in the draft.

3) ACC- Lately it has been basically just Clemson at the top. FSU , UNC, and Wake have looked a lot better the last few years. Waiting for Miami and VT to come back to life.

4) P12- USC, Oregon, Washington and Utah are all good programs that can win the p12 and get into the cfb. I could really see a push to make get USC  into the playoffs before they join the B1g.

5) B12 even though they got a team last year. It is more likely Oregon or USC get in the CFB over TCU or next years best team. I am not saying they won't have a team make the CFB next year but less likely.

That is pretty much spot on. Hopefully USF ends up in the ACC as I see that as probably the easiest power conference that USF can get up off the basement map. The main reasons being that the SEC & Big Ten have too many monster programs. PAC 12 & big 12 the traveling out west would be brutal to all our sports. Ask WVU how things are working out with that travel. Don’t think we heard much from them since they joined.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I doubt ACC is getting more. Most of these deals will be torn up just like MLB, NBA, and NHL deals are being reworked now with Bally's in bankruptcy.

d76bd55e7408b6037532813d9e9a09b5
WWW.YAHOO.COM

Bankrupt Sinclair subsidiary Diamond Sports Group tells rights holder Raycom to find another distribution arrangement for the Atlantic Coast Conference

If there is any crack/break in the GoR for the ACC due to media changes, I think that means only good things for USF. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,813
  • Days Won:  30

27 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

That is pretty much spot on. Hopefully USF ends up in the ACC as I see that as probably the easiest power conference that USF can get up off the basement map. The main reasons being that the SEC & Big Ten have too many monster programs. PAC 12 & big 12 the traveling out west would be brutal to all our sports. Ask WVU how things are working out with that travel. Don’t think we heard much from them since they joined.

Outside of an insane difference in money I don't see clemson,unc ,fsu, or miami leaving. Clemson,unc, and fsu have a pretty easy bath to cfb currently with the acc being weaker than sec. I am sure with cable TV dying all of the contracts will keep getting renegotiated every 3-5 years. Espn is struggling to stay afloat.

28 minutes ago, michibull said:

If there is any crack/break in the GoR for the ACC due to media changes, I think that means only good things for USF. 

I was thinking that myself. No wonder we are hearing rumors regarding ACC getting a better deal in 2026. The question is does USF help them bring in the Tampa Bay market?

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Outside of an insane difference in money I don't see clemson,unc ,fsu, or miami leaving. Clemson,unc, and fsu have a pretty easy bath to cfb currently with the acc being weaker than sec. I am sure with cable TV dying all of the contracts will keep getting renegotiated every 3-5 years. Espn is struggling to stay afloat.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying it is going to be easy. I’m just saying ACC gives USF the better shot at success compared to the other power conferences. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,813
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying it is going to be easy. I’m just saying ACC gives USF the better shot at success compared to the other power conferences. 

A big issue is cable networks are the ones paying the most money to conferences and they are bleeding subscribers at an all time high. If the conferences are smart they would make their own apps that host every game and charge for it. I know they all have their own channels and apps but they don't show all the games and most of the big games are on netork stations abc,cbs,fox,nbc or espn cable channels you have to pay for.  The problem is the powers that control the conferences are dead set on keeping their dying cable deals.

27 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I was thinking that myself. No wonder we are hearing rumors regarding ACC getting a better deal in 2026. The question is does USF help them bring in the Tampa Bay market?

conferences won't care about markets anymore. carriage fees are going away. it's why Bally's declared bankruptcy.

80% of ESPN's revenues were carriage fees. 20% advertising.

that will never be made up in subscriber fees. one estimate said ESPN will have to charge close to $40 per month for subscriber fees just to replace lost carriage fees. Good luck with that.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

52 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That's the thing though. The rising media deals for the B1G and SEC mean there is an insane difference in money for schools like FSU, Miami, Clemson and schools like Rutgers that those three feel are inferior. FSU leadership has already voiced displeasure at the idea that UCF is making the same or more money than they are and that difference is miniscule at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

A big issue is cable networks are the ones paying the most money to conferences and they are bleeding subscribers at an all time high. If the conferences are smart they would make their own apps that host every game and charge for it. I know they all have their own channels and apps but they don't show all the games and most of the big games are on netork stations abc,cbs,fox,nbc or espn cable channels you have to pay for.  The problem is the powers that control the conferences are dead set on keeping their dying cable deals.

conferences will never get close to the amount that they have been getting from cable. even if they do it on their own.

they are going to bleed that dry before they have to take less from streaming.

it is estimated 4 out of 5 cable subscriber pay ESPN $10 per month and never watch their channels.

ESPN collects $8 Billion per year in carriage fees.