Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,813
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Everyone wants Notre Dame.

The only issue is that they literally have 0% interest in moving to a conference if they have their own TV deal, which will get done with their new AD being a former NBC executive, and if they have access to the playoff, which is much easier now with 12 teams.

They really have no need to ever join a p5 conference as long as they get their own tv deal and schedule. They can schedule 2-4 decent to good teams a year and lose 2-3 games. ND always seems to be ranked high and get big bowl invites. They seem to lose the games against top 25 teams and the playoff invites, but they are getting and bringing in big money.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

B5230B16-BB32-4C21-B353-16193EFCFC76.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  5,632
  • Days Won:  10

It has been an interesting offseason discussion for realignment, but nothing is going to happen for us until we make it happen by winning.  That's the only way I want it, anyway.

44 minutes ago, Brad said:

One rather heinous member of the media is now saying that the PAC12 won't announce their media deal on Friday now.

He could be wrong you need to get it straight from the source the twitter experts that Pay for their blue check to verify it is true.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,793
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

He could be wrong you need to get it straight from the source the twitter experts that Pay for their blue check to verify it is true.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

If you told me when I joined this place that I would be using this gif this much, I would have laughed at you. But, here we are.

******* P12 and their Schrödinger’s tv deal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

That tie in will be gone for the most part. At least in the way it exists today. Once the CFP expands to 12, it'll be look like this:

Round 1: 5-12 seeds playing at high seeds home stadium

Round 2: 1-4 seeds plus 4 winners of round 1 playing in 4/6 of the NY6 bowl locations 

Round 3: semi finals at the remaining 2 NY6 bowls

Round 4: CFP final at bid location 

I'm sure for round 2 they'll try schedule the locations based on what goes well with the match ups so there will be some PAC Rose bowl reunions. But that means it's no longer guaranteed to be PAC vs B1G during non semifinal hosting years like it is in the current 4 team CFP. The Rose bowl was fighting this but they had no leverage because all the other NY6 were on board. So if they sat out just because they really wanted PAC v B1G, they'd be excluding themselves from a highly ranked matchup and would've ended up with some like like the PAC 2/3 vs the B1G 3/4 instead of the champ v champ matchups of the past.

For what it's worth, this is only true for the 2024/25 and 2025/26 seasons.  When the current CFP agreement runs out, we EXEPCT it to continue, but that is not set in stone.

One thing we know, the CFP powers that be have publicly stated they more than one networks to be part of the broadcasts.    But everything else is still technically on the table.  I have even heard they may not have any automatic qualifiers - they just take the top 12 teams.

---

2024: Quarterfinals (2nd round) - Fiesta, Peach, Rose & Sugar | Semi-finals: Orange & Cotton
2025: Quarterfinals (2nd round) - Cotton, Rose, Sugar, & Orange | Semi-finals: Fiesta & Peach

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

If you told me when I joined this place that I would be using this gif this much, I would have laughed at you. But, here we are.

******* P12 and their Schrödinger’s tv deal.

Pretty much how i feel about 99.9% of these twitter conference expansion post.  Most of them are just throwing poop against a wall hoping one sticks that doesn't stink as much as the rest of poop.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,967
  • Days Won:  436

15 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

It has been an interesting offseason discussion for realignment, but nothing is going to happen for us until we make it happen by winning.  That's the only way I want it, anyway.

At this point in time, I'll take it anyway we can get it. Like has been said, if there's another round of call-ups, it's going to be for a hodge podge of reasons with W/L's not being a driving force like last time ...

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,766
  • Days Won:  53

22 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I'm okay with getting more money either way.  Other programs get to fail upwards so why not us.  😃

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Pretty much how i feel about 99.9% of these twitter conference expansion post.  Most of them are just throwing poop against a wall hoping one sticks that doesn't stink as much as the rest of poop.

Those matches probably the strategy of those athletic conferences as well.

36 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I'm okay with getting more money either way.  Other programs get to fail upwards so why not us.  😃

Those matches probably the strategy of those athletic conferences as well.

Depends on the conference SEC only added big time programs with their expansions Mizzou ( decent football at the time they good, great basketball), A&M ( good athletics deep pockets), Texas (Huge money and market good athletics), and and Oklahoma (Big Pockets, great program).

B1g added two good programs UCLA(Trending up for athletics again and large following) and USC(Big athletics program and big donors) both get them access to California market .

B12- Cincinnati(success recent but coach left top25-50), Byu(Solid program), UCF( top 25-50 program), and Houston (top 25-50).   

I think the only two teams they are close are Mizzou and UCLA. I think the b1g and SEC definitely added better programs but the b12 was also working with the best of the leftovers.

I could be wrong but they do not have the hype all of the rest added for p5.

I still think comparing talent,  nfl draft aspirations,  conference prestige and CFP status  the conference ranking stayed the same.

1) SEC- The best conference for championships, prestige, and draft status

2) B1g- Runner up has a few big time programs such as Ohio State and Michigan. It will be interesting to see if Wisconsin is back with the new coach. Still puts a lot of players in the draft.

3) ACC- Lately it has been basically just Clemson at the top. FSU , UNC, and Wake have looked a lot better the last few years. Waiting for Miami and VT to come back to life.

4) P12- USC, Oregon, Washington and Utah are all good programs that can win the p12 and get into the cfb. I could really see a push to make get USC  into the playoffs before they join the B1g.

5) B12 even though they got a team last year. It is more likely Oregon or USC get in the CFB over TCU or next years best team. I am not saying they won't have a team make the CFB next year but less likely.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1