Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,166
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

That’s been clear for 13.5 years.   Welcome. 

PS did you hear what JP Peterson said about your boy Doug Woolard?

Been out of town and sitting at Dallas Love waiting for a late flight home. Have not had a TV on or read much since Tuesday. The Mrs gave me A few days away for good behavior and went to the celebrity golf tourney in Tahoe. Came down the elevator with A Rodgers and some of his group last night. He's a pig and a dirt bag. Seriously a pig. 

What did he say about Doug?

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

What did he say about Doug?

I’ll see if I can clip it for you.  

That’s a party of a golf tournament.  Hope you had a good time.  Your report on Rodgers probably doesn’t surprise many.  He’s a ****.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,769
  • Days Won:  14

Forgive me if someone has already done this, but I asked ChatGPT to prepare an argument for why USF should be invited to join a Power 5 conference. Not sure I agree with all of the premises:

“The University of South Florida (USF) should be considered for inclusion in a Power 5 conference due to several compelling reasons.

First and foremost, USF boasts an impressive athletic program that has consistently demonstrated competitiveness and success across various sports. The university's football team has achieved notable accomplishments, including numerous bowl game appearances and a consistent presence in national rankings. Additionally, USF has excelled in other sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer, earning conference championships and NCAA tournament berths. The university's athletic achievements demonstrate the potential for sustained success and the ability to compete at the highest level.

Furthermore, USF's geographical location presents a unique advantage for a Power 5 conference. Situated in the heart of the vibrant Tampa Bay area, the university has access to a large and diverse fan base, as well as a thriving metropolitan area. Tampa Bay is home to professional sports teams and has a rich sports culture, making it an attractive market for broadcasters and sponsors. By including USF in a Power 5 conference, the conference would not only tap into the university's fan base but also gain exposure to a broader audience, enhancing its overall reach and influence.

In terms of infrastructure and facilities, USF has made significant investments to support its athletic programs. The university boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including a football stadium with a capacity that can accommodate large crowds. USF has also invested in upgrading its training facilities, arenas, and academic support structures for student-athletes. These investments demonstrate the university's commitment to providing a top-notch athletic experience and creating an environment conducive to the development of student-athletes.

Moreover, USF's academic profile aligns well with Power 5 conference standards. The university offers a wide range of academic programs and maintains rigorous academic standards for its student-athletes. USF has made significant strides in research and innovation, earning recognition for its contributions in various fields. Inclusion in a Power 5 conference would not only enhance the university's reputation but also provide valuable opportunities for collaboration and academic advancement.

Lastly, USF's diverse and inclusive campus community reflects the values that Power 5 conferences often prioritize. The university celebrates a multicultural student body, fostering an environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. USF's commitment to creating an inclusive community aligns with the values and goals of Power 5 conferences, which often strive to represent diverse institutions and support social initiatives.”

In conclusion, the University of South Florida's strong athletic program, advantageous geographic location, robust infrastructure, academic achievements, and commitment to diversity make it a compelling candidate for inclusion in a Power 5 conference. USF's potential to contribute to the conference's competitive landscape, expand its reach, and uphold its values make it a worthy contender for a place among the elite athletic institutions.”

Edited by TallyBull
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

Interesting .... I think some of the points would be more in tune with specific P5's rather than all but it's still fascinating how generally accurate it is.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,005
  • Days Won:  4

Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto! 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,137
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Forgive me if someone has already done this, but I asked ChatGPT to prepare an argument for why USF should be invited to join a Power 5 conference. Not sure I agree with all of the premises:

“The University of South Florida (USF) should be considered for inclusion in a Power 5 conference due to several compelling reasons.

First and foremost, USF boasts an impressive athletic program that has consistently demonstrated competitiveness and success across various sports. The university's football team has achieved notable accomplishments, including numerous bowl game appearances and a consistent presence in national rankings. Additionally, USF has excelled in other sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer, earning conference championships and NCAA tournament berths. The university's athletic achievements demonstrate the potential for sustained success and the ability to compete at the highest level.

Furthermore, USF's geographical location presents a unique advantage for a Power 5 conference. Situated in the heart of the vibrant Tampa Bay area, the university has access to a large and diverse fan base, as well as a thriving metropolitan area. Tampa Bay is home to professional sports teams and has a rich sports culture, making it an attractive market for broadcasters and sponsors. By including USF in a Power 5 conference, the conference would not only tap into the university's fan base but also gain exposure to a broader audience, enhancing its overall reach and influence.

In terms of infrastructure and facilities, USF has made significant investments to support its athletic programs. The university boasts state-of-the-art facilities, including a football stadium with a capacity that can accommodate large crowds. USF has also invested in upgrading its training facilities, arenas, and academic support structures for student-athletes. These investments demonstrate the university's commitment to providing a top-notch athletic experience and creating an environment conducive to the development of student-athletes.

Moreover, USF's academic profile aligns well with Power 5 conference standards. The university offers a wide range of academic programs and maintains rigorous academic standards for its student-athletes. USF has made significant strides in research and innovation, earning recognition for its contributions in various fields. Inclusion in a Power 5 conference would not only enhance the university's reputation but also provide valuable opportunities for collaboration and academic advancement.

Lastly, USF's diverse and inclusive campus community reflects the values that Power 5 conferences often prioritize. The university celebrates a multicultural student body, fostering an environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. USF's commitment to creating an inclusive community aligns with the values and goals of Power 5 conferences, which often strive to represent diverse institutions and support social initiatives.”

In conclusion, the University of South Florida's strong athletic program, advantageous geographic location, robust infrastructure, academic achievements, and commitment to diversity make it a compelling candidate for inclusion in a Power 5 conference. USF's potential to contribute to the conference's competitive landscape, expand its reach, and uphold its values make it a worthy contender for a place among the elite athletic institutions.”

What is chatGPT? 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,792
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Do it again, but ask it why we shouldn’t be considered for expansion.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

53 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Do it again, but ask it why we shouldn’t be considered for expansion.

Almost asked the same thing ...... but don't wanna know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  13,812
  • Days Won:  30

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You're starting to sound like Outlaw. We get it. You're upset JL got fired.

Well the program has suffered  a lot since Leavitt was wrongfully fired. We have been a nose dive since then and the stadium looks a lot less empty.  It was the wrong move for football and Judy failed the football program. We have had five coaches since and only one of them had over a 0.500 win percentage. We went from a top 50 program with big time media hype/ coverage  to the bottom of fbs football flirting with irrelevance.  There is nothing that can be done about it now except for Judy to admit she was wrong, and for the current admin to get Jim involved any way possible.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,428
  • Content Count:  98,374
  • Days Won:  490

17 hours ago, Brad said:

I’ll see if I can clip it for you.