Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

If i was a P5 conference, i wouldn't invite USF unless they win a championship (or at least make championship game regulary). If we can't win in the "watered down" AAC then we have no business in the P5.

I don't think that football will play as big a part, if there is a next call up, as it did this last time ...... but winning a couple of FBS games sure couldn't hurt.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,292
  • Days Won:  10

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think that football will play as big a part, if there is a next call up, as it did this last time ...... but winning a couple of FBS games sure couldn't hurt.

Yea, I don't think we need to win championships, we just need get back to going to Bowl games and being competitive. We do have to hope that the next round of expansion isn't right away since getting some wins under our belt will bring momentum, and will be helpful for  our case.

We showed while in the Big East that if we are good, we play decent competition, and we are consistent that we can have big attendance numbers. I hope when Power 5 conferences look at us they will remember that. We have some things going for us that puts us ahead of most group of 5 teams.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,788
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Yea, I don't think we need to win championships, we just need get back to going to Bowl games and being competitive. We do have to hope that the next round of expansion isn't right away since getting some wins under our belt will bring momentum, and will be helpful for  our case.

We showed while in the Big East that if we are good, we play decent competition, and we are consistent that we can have big attendance numbers. I hope when Power 5 conferences look at us they will remember that. We have some things going for us that puts us ahead of most group of 5 teams.

I would like to at least win this upcoming rendition of the American conference. If we can’t win this and we still get called up to a P5. I guess we can have fun being Rutgers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I book most of my flights with points but if people are paying a random weekend In October to most ACC or B12 locations is a whopping $100-$150. When factoring for gas, mileage on your car, stress and opportunity cost… I have my doubts that cost is holding people back and that they would rather spend 20 hours of their 60 hr weekend praying for death on 75 and 95.

Didn't you do road trips growing up?  The trip itself can be a significant part of the fun, especially with good friends or family.

Sure, a lot of people will fly so Tampa to Raleigh or Tampa to Boise isn't that much of a difference... but there will be a segment who cannot afford that kind of expense (especially students) - a road trip split four ways can be less than the price of an airline ticket.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

So drivable isn’t much of a factor? In the ACC the only appealing locations are Pitt and Boston College

Most of the ACC is in relatively easy motoring distance for me.  Easier than getting to Tampa anyway.  And I know everyone has their own preferences but, other than Clemson, Miami, Syracuse and the Virginia schools, I've found most of the other ACC locations to be pretty nice trips. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

53 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Most of the ACC is in relatively easy motoring distance for me.  Easier than getting to Tampa anyway.  And I know everyone has their own preferences but, other than Clemson, Miami, Syracuse and the Virginia schools, I've found most of the other ACC locations to be pretty nice trips. 

Yes I agree. I been to road games at NC State, UL, GaTech, FSU, Miami,and all those were fun trips.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

The trip itself can be a significant part of the fun, especially with good friends or family.

OK, so how is this bus thing going to work? Miami has this guy - Devin Hester - and when does the cocktail party kick off again? Lemme know. Kick ass road trip. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, puc86 said:

In the ACC the only appealing locations are Pitt and Boston College.

I'd add Atlanta, Miami, and Raleigh-Durham to that. Plus I'd be interested in visiting the Virginia schools and Clemson (not for the cities). 

In the B12, I'd only really be interested in visiting Fort Worth (TCU) and Provo (BYU). Maybe Houston and Cincinnati if the moons aligned (Octoberfest). 

ACC locations >>>> B12. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

7149D2C0-2625-48E1-8F97-4704A2699D11.png