Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,617
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess we will never really know what has already been discussed. But I just can’t see the ACC falling from being the top 3 rated conferences behind BigTen & ACC. All they need to do is negotiate a even bigger tv contract now that they have the eastern markets locked up

You just can’t see it because they were able to get a stay on their execution, their reconning is coming just like it did for everyone else and when fsu, Clemson, Miami and UNC are gone what is left in no more appealing than the rest of the middle three. The B1G and the SEC will get the best of everyone and that will include the cream that is in the ACC.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, hm101 said:

That presentation to the FSU board sure told a very different story about how amazing the ACC is

Schools are as loyal to their conferences as their options. Dukes options say it’s best to stay together…

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,958
  • Days Won:  436

48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You just can’t see it because they were able to get a stay on their execution, their reconning is coming just like it did for everyone else and when fsu, Clemson, Miami and UNC are gone what is left in no more appealing than the rest of the middle three. The B1G and the SEC will get the best of everyone and that will include the cream that is in the ACC.

Depends on who you're trying to appeal to. I'd think that ACC 2.0 is still more appealing than the other 2 P5's to a lot .... and it's definitely more appealing than the AAC.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,290
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Depends on who you're trying to appeal to. I'd think that ACC 2.0 is still more appealing than the other 2 P5's to a lot .... and it's definitely more appealing than the AAC.

Yes, and I think one reason many would prefer ACC as well over the Big 12 beyond just the mere quality of teams factor is geography.

It would make more sense from a geography standpoint for us to play Miami, Georgia Tech, and the North Carolina teams vs Baylor, Kansas, and potentially Boise State.

However, if Clemson and FSU were to leave I think it is a toss up as to which conference is better; The Big 12 or ACC.

For me at this point I am fine with either one

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,592
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, and I think one reason many would prefer ACC as well over the Big 12 beyond just the mere quality of teams factor is geography.

It would make more sense from a geography standpoint for us to play Miami, Georgia Tech, and the North Carolina teams vs Baylor, Kansas, and potentially Boise State.

However, if Clemson and FSU were to leave I think it is a toss up as to which conference is better; The Big 12 or ACC.

For me at this point I am fine with either one

Losing those teams doesn't change the geography, tho... even without a few teams, IMHO the quality of the remnants of the ACC is still better than the Big 12 - but quality is a subjective thing.

Most of the ACC remnants are driveable for fans... only a few of the Big 12 would be possible for "road trips".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,290
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Losing those teams doesn't change the geography, tho... even without a few teams, IMHO the quality of the remnants of the ACC is still better than the Big 12 - but quality is a subjective thing.

Most of the ACC remnants are driveable for fans... only a few of the Big 12 would be possible for "road trips".

Very true. But something to consider is that the amount of travel that we currently have in the AAC ( Tulsa, Rice, UTSA, Memphis, Temple, Nort Texas,...) is about the same as we would have if we joined the Big 12. So in my opinion if the Big 12 offers geography should not hold us back from accepting that invitation. But yes we would prefer ACC.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe from a geography perspective for some but when what is leaving leaves and is replaced with what is coming there is no way to make that argument from a quality perspective (at least not in football).

43 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Don’t you live somewhere in the ACC footprint? Not many people are super excited to drive 10 hrs each way multiple times a year, the drive time to TPA remains the same no matter who we play making every game equally drivable from my perspective.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,149
  • Days Won:  109

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

B1G or bust 

I choose both

image.png.aefa0ec80c98900aa8826b77dc5b2294.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I choose both

image.png.aefa0ec80c98900aa8826b77dc5b2294.png

I would need to know her opinions on athletics administration strategies, the aac and conference expansion