Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

beating your sister (as my coach used to call it)

Weird.  What kind of coach?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,426
  • Content Count:  98,333
  • Days Won:  490

He too was a basketball coach....maybe from Kentucky.

Kissing your sister was tying the game.  

You might be on to something...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  53

1 hour ago, Brad said:

G5 holding tanks

I prefer the term Iron Lung

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Weird.  What kind of coach?

Life coach

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

He too was a basketball coach....maybe from Kentucky.

Kissing your sister was tying the game.  

You might be on to something...

Yea, definitely a Life Coach

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,283
  • Days Won:  10

28 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I prefer the term Iron Lung

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,745
  • Days Won:  30

I prefer taking care of business on the field and let all the other things fall into place. No one is interested in usf football and the power conferences only care about the TV market and a free win for their premier teams. The only way to change that is start  getting aggressive and nasty against giving the teams the horns instead of letting them milk the cows. The last three years we have seen the softest and weakest defense in usf history. The bad news most of the guys who flopped last year are back and if they are putting on a revenge we are in some deep cow dong. The good news hopefully the defensive line and linebacker transfers improve our lack luster attack under Todd Orlando. The bad news about Todd Orlando is he was fired from Fau and we all know how that worked out last time under a young and inexperienced oc turned head coach. The good news is KP is back the wardaddies are the only hope for this defense. If there is any coach out there to coach the nasty and aggressive  back in the defensive line , it is KP.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Good news is that P2 can’t take all of the top 6 rated conference champion spots starting in 2024. However we may see that P2 break apart and form multiple conferences to be able to take those 6 top conference spots lol

The P2 are not likely to break up. If they do, it'll be to kick out the dregs so that conference consisting of the dregs will definitely not be a threat for one of the 6 champ spots. What's more likely to happen in imo is that the P2 will push to reduce the number of slots for conference champs down from 6 to 4 or less, freeing up more at large spots for them.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I'm not sure many people around the country would view WVU as a "power program".

ND would be the only power program the ACC could land and that's not happening. 

Yeah I was thinking when WVU got invited to the big 12 that they were in the same boat as USF in the big east. They just got fortunate to get a life boat at that time. However I don’t think many have been paying much attention to WVU ever since they left the big east. It further supports my point that many so called big fish in small ponds get forgotten when they enter the big ponds. USF still has the opportunity to become the big fish in a small pond and then I do believe conferences like the Big Ten or ACC will come calling

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,283
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The P2 are not likely to break up. If they do, it'll be to kick out the dregs so that conference consisting of the dregs will definitely not be a threat for one of the 6 champ spots. What's more likely to happen in imo is that the P2 will push to reduce the number of slots for conference champs down from 6 to 4 or less, freeing up more at large spots for them.

I don't know if they would wield that type of power. I think its more likely that you would see the playoff system go from 12 to 16, and where most if not all of the extra spots would go to the SEC and Big 10.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

9 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

There will be too many lawsuits if they decided to take that away. Maybe they will just expand the playoffs 

How the P2 can avoid the lawsuit & backlash is the keep expanding and then eventually break up into 3 different  conferences. Have a SEC west & east. Big Ten east & west. They will be alliances but separate conferences to be about to snatch up all the 6 top rated conferences spots.

Edited by Bull Matrix