Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Was that explanation supposed to help his cause? Because it certainly doesn’t. A combination of Covid (which no other AD on earth navigated the same way) and a tradition that you don’t hold a coach responsible for another coach’s sanctions (of which we did when he still had 2 years remaining on the original contract when he was fired during his original 5 year deal).

Yeah I wondered the same thing. I follow college football, but I can't remember the last time I heard an AD say that about extending a coach because of sanctions.

And losing what? 2 scholarships? It wasn't the end of the world. CJS wasted more than that on his 12 safeties.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

12 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Yeah I wondered the same thing. I follow college football, but I can't remember the last time I heard an AD say that about extending a coach because of sanctions.

And losing what? 2 scholarships? It wasn't the end of the world. CJS wasted more than that on his 12 safeties.

It was insanely stupid and foolish. It put the program back even further. Hopefully Golesh doesn't fail and makes us forget the jeff scott experience. 

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671
  • Days Won:  19

12 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

On the basketball side, I believe Brian Gregory got and additional year built in up front because of the Orlando Antigua era infractions.  Not sure that worked out as well as anticipated either. 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,697
  • Days Won:  52

So objective/factual/known past mistakes that we can't fix aside, and going back to realignment...  If this coach starts winning and we are definitely building a stadium, that means MK is maxing out what could be done, right?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,942
  • Days Won:  436

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

So objective/factual/known past mistakes that we can't fix aside, and going back to realignment... 

Some would rather die first ....

If this coach starts winning and we are definitely building a stadium, that means MK is maxing out what could be done, right?

Yes.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Also bro if we had 2 more scholarships safeties our defense would have won USF a national championship because Jeff Scott and AD MK kept preaching we were so closing to turning a corner.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Also bro if we had 2 more scholarships safeties our defense would have won USF a national championship because Jeff Scott and AD MK kept preaching we were so closing to turning a corner.

Well they are paid to be politicians as well, so we know how that usually goes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  586
  • Content Count:  23,144
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, Outlaw said:

So what are we talking about Safeties or Corners?  😏

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So what are we talking about Safeties or Corners?  😏

Both need a lot of help Golesh did bring in a Nebraska  safety/corner and Oklahoma   corner transfers. Hopefully they help shore up the passing coverages.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

81E7602A-6B00-40A8-99EE-E7D6DEC743DE.png