Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

18 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Horrible hire and it is hard to trust him, but ADs have had bad hires and turned out well.

He completely failed with a first time head coach that was an inexperienced OC/fired FAU DC combo and is literally doing the exact same thing again. The only difference is Golesh did call plays for one year and Jeff Scott did not. You think if your job is on the line you would have hired a coach with a track record of winning at the FBS level. Don't forget he posted on twitter before the hire that USF landed a big name coach and well that didn't happen. If we don't go 0.500 in conference play this year and win at least 5 games then Ad MK has to go.  The AAC got worse and there is not reason with decent coaching we should be losing at an alarming rate and at the bottom of FBS football with a team Tampa Florida.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

12 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

The real question is: If MK gets us into another conference, does @Outlaw have to sing his praises?

Yes. I would think so. Both Puc & Outlaw will probably have to apologize to be honest…. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

USF it a good candidate now….

232BF957-2BD7-4175-8E1B-0D740474FBEF.png

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,780
  • Days Won:  3

I would prefer a more regional conference for us. Or at the least a regional division in a continental conference. I feel like it would keep attendance higher for both home and away fans, and cut down on travel costs for the university as well

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  0

Am I crazy for thinking we have a chance at the PAC 12? If 4 are added with SDSU, SMU, and Tulane.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

The real question is: If MK gets us into another conference, does @Outlaw have to sing his praises?

MK or the investment in facilities?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Are they one in the same?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  13,743
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes. I would think so. Both Puc & Outlaw will probably have to apologize to be honest…. 

I think they are are a little too far ahead on the acc conspiracy  train, the only fbs win we have in the last 3 years under Ad Mk and his vision for usf football is Temple .

24 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Power 5 conferences don't care about your facilties when you are a bottom feeder in football, basketball, and baseball .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

When it comes to ACC expansion, it won’t be just about CFB, CBB or Baseball. Any team that is part of expansion for the ACC will be an “investment” school. Any plug and play programs are gone now. For this reason, they will probably look at 1. Media Market 2. Academic Standing/Reputation 3. Athletics Budget 4. Facilities. If the foundation is there, they will be considered. That is why I firmly believe we are looking good, but there are still a lot of variables in play that cannot be predicted. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, USF968 said:

Am I crazy for thinking we have a chance at the PAC 12? If 4 are added with SDSU, SMU, and Tulane.

It's definitely a greater than 0 chance. But that would be an extreme outlier. I know that the LA schools are also an extreme outlier for the B1G but those are Blueblood first domino move type of schools. I wouldn't let geography restrain me from taking the best schools but there's eventually a limit. Would the PAC consider a 2nd MW schools instead or Rice (who I think is a worse candidate than USF) for the sake of having a tighter pod with SMU and Tulane over USF? Maybe.