Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,272
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah but I do believe USF may have other & better opportunities coming. So we will see.  

If the Big 12 offers, we accept on the spot.  If opportunities to join the ACC, and who knows Big 10( doubtful), comes our way in the future we can always jump ship and take the better opportunity. Take Houston; they have gone from Conference USA, to the AAC, and now the Big 12 in about a decade. There should be no loyalty when it comes to conference affiliation since everyone is looking out for themselves.

At this point; given our situation, we should not be picky about which Power 5 conference we join. Whatever Power conference we join will be a joyful and historic day for USF.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,483
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

Did anyone here watch the stream? Saw this tweet and one about Law alluding to more is coming. Wondering if it was worded in a way that they may be hinting at something in regards to a new conference or just trying to communicate there is still work to be done to reach our goals?

I had it on while working, so I could have missed something. However, I believe the reference to the surrounding area was that the stadium could help current businesses and draw new ones to the area.

The comment about bigger conference I think was a response to how the stadium could cost even more than their projections. He talked about how the three schools leaving would be getting ~20 million more in a new conference and that USF could get that boost by moving to a better conference. I didn't get the impression that he was hinting at something going on behind the scenes.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

14 minutes ago, bulloni said:

this dude has been in a back and forth with Baker on twitter about how the Big 12 was willing to add 6 teams back in 2021 but only 4 fit the profile and they told USF and Memphis to go fix their facilities then they'll get in.

He quote tweets some tweets from 2 years ago saying the same thing and now USF and Memphis have both approved stadium projects so who knows

Not really buying it ...... unless, maybe, there's a name tied to this GOAT guy than verifies his identity. The USF and Memphis stadium projects are two different animals. Why would the B12 care about/want upgrades to the Liberty Bowl? They just got through inviting a program with one of the biggest piece of **** stadiums in FBS (no offense, rustbucket) .....

44 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Whatever Power conference we join will be a joyful and historic day for USF.

Won't really be historic .... we have already been there once ...... but will, though, be joyful to a degree. It will be one of those silver clouds that come with a dark lining.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not really buying it ...... unless, maybe, there's a name tied to this GOAT guy than verifies his identity. The USF and Memphis stadium projects are two different animals. Why would the B12 care about/want upgrades to the Liberty Bowl? They just got through inviting a program with one of the biggest piece of **** stadiums in FBS (no offense, rustbucket) .....

Lol agreed.  UCIF, Houston, & Cincy got into the big 12 mainly due to their winning at the right time. Congratulations to them. However I don’t think USF should jump blindly into big 12. I have my doubts on how long that conference will last 

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Lol agreed.  UCIF, Houston, & Cincy got into the big 12 mainly due to their winning at the right time. Congratulations to them. However I don’t think USF should jump blindly into big 12. I have my doubts on how long that conference will last 

If we're invited we hold our noses and go .....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

this dude has been in a back and forth with Baker on twitter about how the Big 12 was willing to add 6 teams back in 2021 but only 4 fit the profile and they told USF and Memphis to go fix their facilities then they'll get in.

He quote tweets some tweets from 2 years ago saying the same thing and now USF and Memphis have both approved stadium projects so who knows

This pretty much sums up what I posted some time ago regarding the Big 12 and expansion as far back as 2017. That’s why that stadium feasibility survey was sent out.

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If we're invited we hold our noses and go .....

Hell yeah lol. Definitely would tell big 12 to pound sand regarding any entry fees: We will be fine 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Won't really be historic .... we have already been there once ...... but will, though, be joyful to a degree. It will be one of those silver clouds that come with a dark lining.

Not if you have a wise administration and a great coach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,585
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

I fully understand being completely dubious of some random Twitter dude.  However, consider this. 

1. 2016 -- USF made a presentation to the Big 12 (along with a number of other schools)
  2. 2017 -- USF under Mark Harlan did a formal feasibility study on a football stadium.
  3. 2017 -- USF announces plans for an indoor practice facility
  4. 2021 -- BYU, UCF, Houston, and CIncinnati are invited tot he Big 12 (rumor breaks Sep 1)
  5. 2021 -- USF breaks ground on the indoor practice facility (Sep 9) the day before the formal B12 announced it was inviting four schools to join (Sep 10)

Will Weatherford made the famous stadium announcement at the IPF ground breaking ceremony.

It certainly seems like the Big 12 told USF at some point that it needed to improve it's facilities.  It doesn't mean the B12 said "build it and we'll invite you"... instead it may have been "we didn't pick you because . . ."

No one will ever (EVER) officially say this happened.  But it's definitely within the realm of possibility.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Upvote 1