Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, michibull said:

If basketball is getting a fair split of the money, there will be a conflict of interest when making decisions. The P5 conferences are football driven and all money and decisions go through them. Once you have more than one chef in the kitchen (football and basketball), it gets messy, it’s a house divided; and divided houses fall eventually. That’s the point I’m trying to make. 

The difference is, as someone mentioned, with the Big East you had a good chunk of schools who were only in on basketball, not football, and were only concerned with that. The Big 12 adding Gonzaga would give them exactly one team in the conference who is basketball only. They'd be breaking out the basketball side TV-wise to try to maximize the value of a very strong non-football asset, but all the money would be going to the same schools as football outside of Gonzaga. And I'd imagine whatever they make selling basketball-only media rights is probably way more than whatever the WCC or WAC or whatever conference Gonzaga is in now gets.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Question. If & when MK gets USF into the ACC are you still going to kiss his ass or does it now have to be for a Big Ten invite?? 

We have you down as predicting that we will end up in the ACC, no need to reiterate this multiple times daily, do you hang around Outlaw, I would find your conversations fascinating if so. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have you down as predicting that we will end up in the ACC, no need to reiterate this multiple times daily, do you hang around Outlaw, I would find your conversations fascinating if so. 

lol I’m just having fun with it all. If one positive thing that came out of USF being so down it is the fans have built up a great sense of humor. USF fans are kind of like Cub fans now that we need going through so much losing. I guess that has kind of made us all insane in a good way lol. Cheers to all the USF fans that have stuck around during all these losing seasons.

• Upvote 3
  • Go Bulls! 1

49 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

The difference is, as someone mentioned, with the Big East you had a good chunk of schools who were only in on basketball, not football, and were only concerned with that. The Big 12 adding Gonzaga would give them exactly one team in the conference who is basketball only. They'd be breaking out the basketball side TV-wise to try to maximize the value of a very strong non-football asset, but all the money would be going to the same schools as football outside of Gonzaga. And I'd imagine whatever they make selling basketball-only media rights is probably way more than whatever the WCC or WAC or whatever conference Gonzaga is in now gets.

I do believe big 12 can’t afford to lose Kansas. They have already lost too many strong programs. Kansas they better keep happy at all cost and that is probably why we see big 12 trying to become the best hoops conference imo 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,649
  • Days Won:  51

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Question. If & when MK gets USF into the ACC are you still going to kiss his ass or does it now have to be for an Big Ten invite?? 

Do you mean in 2036 when the ACC GoR is over or earlier?
also if Memphis and UConn get all sports invites to the B12 and we are left D.I.H. again  we all should be mad/sad

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I do believe big 12 can’t afford to lose Kansas. They have already lost too many strong programs. Kansas they better keep happy at all cost and that is probably why we see big 12 trying to become the best hoops conference imo 

I read a piece on Yormark recently, and it's got less to do with appeasing Kansas and more to do with realizing that they won't catch up to SEC and B1G in football, especially when it comes to revenue. They can however capitalize now on what is arguably the strongest basketball conference and try to max out TV dollars for that.

6 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I read a piece on Yormark recently, and it's got less to do with appeasing Kansas and more to do with realizing that they won't catch up to SEC and B1G in football, especially when it comes to revenue. They can however capitalize now on what is arguably the strongest basketball conference and try to max out TV dollars for that.

I do believe that is a mindset set up for failure. We shall see how it all plays out 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,641
  • Content Count:  75,941
  • Days Won:  436

55 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

ol I’m just having fun with it all.

It's kind of shocking to me that some here still don't get this and actually take some of your stuff seriously ...... although I'm holding your USF to the ACC as gospel.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Bull Matrix's short term goal is to get this thread to 3000 pages while having a good time. Let the man cook!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  11,234
  • Days Won:  68

6 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Bull Matrix's short term goal is to get this thread to 3000 pages while having a good time. Let the man cook!

No problem with letting him cook however would like him to serve a different meal, this dish has gotten stale.