Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Isn’t ESPN going broke? Wonder if they would want a better deal too?? 

So paying the ACC more would be a better deal if they're going broke? Lol that's exactly why they're going to hold the ACC to the contract they signed. Paying the ACC below market value IS the better deal for ESPN .

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

So paying the ACC more would be a better deal if they're going broke? Lol that's exactly why they're going to hold the ACC to the contract they signed. Paying the ACC below market value IS the better deal for ESPN .

I’m talking about a better long term deal for both sides. If ESPN holds the ACC hostage that may eventually come back to haunt them…

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  465
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m talking about a better long term deal for both sides. If ESPN holds the ACC hostage that may eventually come back to haunt them…

And breaking a deal with ESPN would haunt the ACC. There's really only 2 major players for being primary partners in football media rights. If ACC sours their relationship with ESPN, that would give Fox all the leverage next time to get their own money saving deal with the ACC since ESPN will sit it out. Unless the ACC wants to be on apple or Amazon. I just can't see what ESPN would gain from beefing up the money or shortening the current length. 

6 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

And breaking a deal with ESPN would haunt the ACC. There's really only 2 major players for being primary partners in football media rights. If ACC sours their relationship with ESPN, that would give Fox all the leverage next time to get their own money saving deal with the ACC since ESPN will sit it out. Unless the ACC wants to be on apple or Amazon. I just can't see what ESPN would gain from beefing up the money or shortening the current length. 

Again I’m questioning how long ESPN will be able to survive all of this… 

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

Again I’m questioning how long ESPN will be able to survive all of this… 

Plus we can see that ACC adding tons of value when that talk USF into joining which will help get them that huge TB market. 

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

6 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

The writing is on the wall. We are going to have two big leagues. BigTen and SEC, eventually the big names from ACC will be split by the two. These two leagues will rake the big money from Fox and ESPN, the rest will get the leftovers. USF will end up somewhere in Big12 or left over ACC. Better than where we are but still outside the big leagues.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

31 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

The writing is on the wall. We are going to have two big leagues. BigTen and SEC, eventually the big names from ACC will be split by the two. These two leagues will rake the big money from Fox and ESPN, the rest will get the leftovers. USF will end up somewhere in Big12 or left over ACC. Better than where we are but still outside the big leagues.

i dont see us going anywhere in the near future 

28 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Yup. That is kind of like how I see things playing out in the long run. Also as long as college football makes the playoff format fair. I do believe many people will still watch. That 4 team playoff was too boring for me. Not saying the football was not good but I was tired of watching basically the same four teams in the playoffs each season lol. Hopefully the new format will help the lesser known schools get some much do notice.

4 minutes ago, smazza said:

i dont see us going anywhere in the near future 

Well I do!! USF will be heading up to Bowling Green, KY to open up the season 9/2/23. And hopefully USF gives the Hilltoppers hell!!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,010
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

I have been thinking that for a while, but I actually feel opposite now. IF the PAC 12 stays together, I think the B12 stays together and expands by 2 teams for stability. Those 2 will hold the west down. B10 and SEC will only expand by 2 teams each and they will stay put (adding more won’t make them more money). The left overs of the ACC will add the best of the rest to create the weakest P5 conference. IF the PAC12 dissolves I could see a P3 develop with the B12 and PAC12 merging to solidify the west with the B10 and SEC taking Midwest and South to solidify the east coast. All the rest will be G6 schools. I think we absolutely need the PAC12 to stay together and hopefully the B12 or and good version of ACC come calling. I actually think the B12 is in a more stable position right now. 

• Upvote 1