Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

57 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Welp looks like the PAC 12 will become the hunter instead of the prey now. Big 12 will probably lose some schools…

Not sure I see the Big 12 losing anyone.

If they are going to add 2 to replace USC/UCLA, then SDSU and SMU would makes the most sense.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

So, I haven't kept up too closely with the shifting sands of realignment. From a USF perspective (the only perspective I really care anything about), wouldn't the PAC-12 sticking together be better for our prospects? Because it would leave some potential spots open for us in the Big 12?

In theory the Pac-12 staying together should be a good thing for USF. However, the big decision still looming out there aside from the Pac-Big-12 kerfuffle is whether the B1G is looking to expand some more, if they take any ACC schools along with Notre Dame, and if so how many and which ACC schools are they grabbing. If B1G takes FSU or Miami or both, does the ACC backfill with other schools or does the Big 12 go after other ACC schools not named FSU/Miami? Who knows which conference will have available spots when this all settles. 

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

10 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Not sure I see the Big 12 losing anyone.

If they are going to add 2 to replace USC/UCLA, then SDSU and SMU would makes the most sense.

SDSU & SMU will be easier to get as I believe big 12 locked themselves up with their deal too 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

GIF by Demic

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

In theory the Pac-12 staying together should be a good thing for USF. However, the big decision still looming out there aside from the Pac-Big-12 kerfuffle is whether the B1G is looking to expand some more, if they take any ACC schools along with Notre Dame, and if so how many and which ACC schools are they grabbing. If B1G takes FSU or Miami or both, does the ACC backfill with other schools or does the Big 12 go after other ACC schools not named FSU/Miami? Who knows which conference will have available spots when this all settles. 

I won’t be shocked if Big Ten takes GTech & Miami and maybe UNC & VA. SEC probably takes Clemson & FSU

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,764
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Interesting. It appears the ACC GoR is pretty solid though. All I hear from FSU fans here in Tallahassee is that FSU (along with several other ACC schools) has been trying to figure a way out of the GoR but that it's ironclad. Perhaps if the ACC voted to dissolve they could get out of it, but there aren't enough votes for that (at least, not yet). It seems like the more likely ACC outcome is a renegotiated GoR that pays the "haves" (FSU, UM, Clemson) more and the "have-nots" (BC, Duke, Syracuse) less, such that the "haves" are satisfied that it is financially unnecessary for them to bolt for another conference. We'll see what happens. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I won’t be shocked if Big Ten takes GTech & Miami and maybe UNC & VA. SEC probably takes Clemson & FSU

Clemson and FSU do not add any value to the SEC. UNC and Virginia would be better targets for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Clemson and FSU do not add any value to the SEC. UNC and Virginia would be better targets for them.

That would probably get FSU joining Miami to Big Ten if they overlook FSU not being an AAU member. So basically it opens the door for USF regarding with ACC or big 12.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Interesting. It appears the ACC GoR is pretty solid though. All I hear from FSU fans here in Tallahassee is that FSU (along with several other ACC schools) has been trying to figure a way out of the GoR but that it's ironclad. Perhaps if the ACC voted to dissolve they could get out of it, but there aren't enough votes for that (at least, not yet). It seems like the more likely ACC outcome is a renegotiated GoR that pays the "haves" (FSU, UM, Clemson) more and the "have-nots" (BC, Duke, Syracuse) less, such that the "haves" are satisfied that it is financially unnecessary for them to bolt for another conference. We'll see what happens. 

Problem with that, is why would the others agree to that if they know they can’t get out until GOR runs out and there isn’t any guarantee they would stay when that runs out. Would you agree to lower payouts for13 years for nothing?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I think the SEC would take those two to keep BigTen from getting them. You really are taking the best two athletic programs in ACC. But I agree that Virginia and UNC would bring them new markets.