Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,071
  • Days Won:  46

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes exactly. If I had to rate the second best coach in USF history I would probably put Skip in just about of CWT. Basically looking at Skip’s overall career and his big wins while at USF. I honestly can’t remember big wins by CWT 

But if I had to rank the coach who left USF in the best shape for the next coach i would put CWT on top with Leavitt. So I guess there are many ways to rate coaches

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,010
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah it is a lot of factors that played out. I finally believe that USF is past all of that. And the funny thing is it took the big 12 to pass over USF twice for everyone to finally wake up and get back on track. I can feel the positive energy from USF and to me that is half the battle moving forward. Great times are ahead for USF

Agreed, I feel the same way. The past is the past, USF is learning from it and I can see a difference. I am really hoping CAG is the guy to get us out of this mess from a CFB point of view; same for Coach Abdur-Rahim. I feel if we can hit 6-6 for football this year and .500 for CBB, we will be looking good for a big year in 2024/25. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,010
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Lot of members here spend a lot of time debating and worrying about the past. It's all about the present and future! 

It’s easier to debate the past, we have data/evidence to discuss, haha. Our current present is our future, we have all new coaches and players, so it’s hard to talk about them, since we haven’t seen anything yet. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,556
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yes exactly. If I had to rate the second best coach in USF history I would probably put Skip in just about of CWT. Basically looking at Skip’s overall career and his big wins while at USF. I honestly can’t remember big wins by CWT 

Even though Willie left before the bowl game in his last season, I give him credit for that win, that was his team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Even though Willie left before the bowl game in his last season, I give him credit for that win, that was his team. 

Yes definitely.  Great win against So Carolina in that bowl game. I do believe CWT could of became the best coach in USF history if he would of stayed but can’t blame him for leaving as it is hard to turn Oregon down.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Certainly was his win.

I would agree with @Bull Matrix that Skip won bigger games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, michibull said:

It’s easier to debate the past, we have data/evidence to discuss, haha. Our current present is our future, we have all new coaches and players, so it’s hard to talk about them, since we haven’t seen anything yet. 

6-6 would be a major step up for USF at this point. With how the schedule is set up this season I do believe they can do it if we see 2-2 heading into that Navy game. Heck I will be happy to just be in bowl game conversations 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Don't dis TJ, our winningest coach percentagewise.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  220
  • Content Count:  3,671

18 hours ago, hm101 said:

Wtf are we even talking about 

I think it is all about the meaning of life and our place in the cosmos or some other s#!t like that...

image.jpeg.b9e20d6c546e726ede492be14f02186e.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,119
  • Days Won:  14

27 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Skip is interesting because he inherited a talented roster, and he produced with that roster. He beat: Miami, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Louisville.

His problem was that he was unable to recruit in kids to replace the outgoing talent, and we got worse as the incoming players replaced the players he inherited. This isn't an knock on any one of our former players, but just an overall trend. 

I sometimes wonder if he hired a different set of coaches, instead of brining so many of the ECU assistants, if it might have turned out better. In the end, for a broad sweeping statement, he knew how to coach, he just didn't bring in the kids who had enough talent to win.  

I'm not sure that Skip's inability to recruit was entirely on him.  I think they (admin) really limited him on recruiting by some strict academic standards that were put in at the time he arrived.  It was his "problem" but maybe not entirely his "fault."