Wondering which of the buggers to blame.  🤔

And watching for pigs on the wing.  #dosomething

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,761
  • Days Won:  14

26 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m sorry but not many people in Florida give a crap about watching big 12. I could see the argument if they still had their flag ship schools like OU, Texas, Nebraska, Texas A&M but they don’t . Can’t get excited about watching Iowa St, Baylor, Texas Tech etc lol. I suggest USF fans forget about the big 12 as they basically already turned USF down twice. ACC will be the better conference long term 

I agree. I mean, you take whatever invite you can get (we would have obviously taken a Big 12 invite if we'd gotten one), but even a watered-down ACC would be better than our current situation. 

As I see it there are two sides to the equation. First, FSU and/or Miami must figure out a way to get out of the ACC. Second, and more importantly, another conference (either the Big Ten or the SEC) must want FSU and/or Miami to join. I don't think the Big Ten wants FSU (but who knows - I don't think of AAU membership as absolutely necessary in their case), but I could definitely see Miami getting an invite to the Big Ten (in a hoped-for rivalry pairing with Notre Dame). And I'm also not sure that the SEC wants FSU, even though it'd be a good fit (seems the SEC wants to push into new markets). 

Our best case scenario would be for most of the ACC to stick together, except Miami goes to the Big Ten, and we backfill that spot in the ACC. Yes, I recognize that if Miami can get out of the GoR, so can other ACC schools, but reality is that the Big Ten and the SEC aren't taking everybody except in some weird superconference situation.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  609
  • Content Count:  17,067
  • Days Won:  46

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

I agree. I mean, you take whatever invite you can get (we would have obviously taken a Big 12 invite if we'd gotten one), but even a watered-down ACC would be better than our current situation. 

As I see it there are two sides to the equation. First, FSU and/or Miami must figure out a way to get out of the ACC. Second, and more importantly, another conference (either the Big Ten or the SEC) must want FSU and/or Miami to join. I don't think the Big Ten wants FSU (but who knows - I don't think of AAU membership as absolutely necessary in their case), but I could definitely see Miami getting an invite to the Big Ten (in a hoped-for rivalry pairing with Notre Dame). And I'm also not sure that the SEC wants FSU, even though it'd be a good fit (seems the SEC wants to push into the Carolinas for new markets). 

Our best case scenario would be for most of the ACC to stick together, except Miami goes to the Big Ten, and we backfill that spot in the ACC. Yes, I recognize that if Miami can get out of the GoR, so can other ACC schools, but reality is that the Big Ten and the SEC aren't taking everybody except in some weird superconference situation.

Yes definitely. Also, I have a hard time believing that the ACC will actually fall as many people are suggesting. What the ACC has over both big 12 & PAC 12 is location. The eastern time zone blows away the west coast time zones. All the ACC members would have to do is renegotiate a bigger tv deal and add UConn & USF and they would will be fine even if they lose FSU & Clemson to the SEC. If the Big Ten raids then ACC will just add more east coast schools which will be fine in the long run

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,282
  • Days Won:  490

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF will be fine when all is said & done.

If it is that simple, how are we where we are now?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Where we are now you ask? Well for one USF has the OCS on the way. They are now AAU members. New coaching staff. 2024 new playoff format. Things could be a lot worse. Heck things were a lot worse a few seasons ago when we had no direction. Now it seems it took the big 12 to take more AAC teams away for the spark to be reignited. Things are finally moving in the right direction 

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  22,651
  • Days Won:  52

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

There are steps between total crap and being fine.  We are somewhere in the middle where at least the leadership recognizes we were asleep at the wheel for too long.

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

There are steps between total crap and being fine.  We are somewhere in the middle where at least the leadership recognizes we were asleep at the wheel for too long.

Heck yeah!  That is the feeling I’m getting with how USF is finally moving. The funny thing is that the odds are now a lot better that USF will end up in one of their best situations ever 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,422
  • Content Count:  98,282
  • Days Won:  490

I sure hope you are right and I sure hope it lasts.  Fewer and fewer conference opportunities lie in front of us.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  3,250
  • Days Won:  37

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Complacency?

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  493
  • Content Count:  12,672
  • Days Won:  25

57 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m sorry but not many people in Florida give a crap about watching big 12. I could see the argument if they still had their flag ship schools like OU, Texas, Nebraska, Texas A&M but they don’t . Can’t get excited about watching Iowa St, Baylor, Texas Tech etc lol. I suggest USF fans forget about the big 12 as they basically already turned USF down twice. ACC will be the better conference long term 

IN MY OPINION people give a crap about watching their teams play good football, not necessarily who they are playing. The schools and/or conferences only care about the $$’s. I personally will make a road trip or two every year to see USF play no matter the conference, IF they are playing good football.